Re: [WestMichiganHams] After training

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2007
      Hi Jeff,

      I don't have a flier, I wish I did.  If I end up putting something together I will get it out to you.

      I am not very good at such things though.  I hoped putting the post on the reflectors would help with promotion.

      I have found teaching not only to be fun but I learn from it too.

      Thanks

      Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 11:34
      Subject: Re: [WestMichiganHams] After training

      Mark,

      That would be awesome. If you have a flier send it to me.  I'll be happy to print it off and hand it out.     While yes I have turned out 200 some odd ham's in the last 18 months I do encourage them to get involved in club's, ares / races programs and generally just hammin it up.     If anyone else has info or would be willing to "elmer" some new ham's from my HIAD program please drop me a note @ jnawrot@kcraces. net

      Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 8:16 PM
      Subject: [WestMichiganHams] After training

      Hi All,

      Please let the folks know that even if they pass their test at Ham-in-a-Day they are welcome to come to my ham class for additional study.  That way the 'pressure' is off as they passed their test and are welcome to join us to learn about ham radio.

      Our class is still small and we are looking for more students.  I teach all levels from apprentice (no license) to Extra.  The Extras are also encouraged to join my class as I am always looking for new things to learn and the Extras can help teach the Generals.

      Anyone interested please feel free to contact me at k8mhz@k8mhz. com

      Most of our classes are held at the MAARC clubhouse but I have also had class in other places like Ross Park and the Muskegon EOC.  Besides licensing I teach varying levels of radio operation, technical stuff, net control operation, emcomm, etc.  I am also open to suggestion from any of you as to what we should cover.  I also feel it is important to have fun in class and so far have managed to do so.

      Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 07:04
      Date: Sunday July 22nd 2007
      Cost: 30.00 Includes license Fee
      Location: Red Cross 1050 Fuller Ave NE
      Pre-Registration is required to reserve a spot in the class
      Time: 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
      Testing will start at 6:00 PM
      To register: http://www.kcraces. net/hiad. php
      Questions: jnawrot@kcraces. net
      Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult!
      Bring either drivers license or 2 pieces of identification
      Coffee and Treats will be provided! Dress comfortably!
      Small Print: This class uses memory retention, everyone learns differently.
      Class is not a guarantee to getting your
      license.