Re: question about trivia question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2007
      Okay, when was the VFO first used? My father knew of VFO's and made
      one back in the 50's - maybe even earlier, I don't remember his earlier
      daze in the 30's, I was too young.

      I never thought about the "invention" of the VFO, I assumed that folks
      figured out the VFO before the advent of crystal controlled radios. I
      do know that it was very difficult, even in the 50's to get a
      reasonably stable VFO (drift with changes in temperature was the
      biggest culprit).

      73 de n8xx Hg