RE: [WestMichiganHams] Re:HamRadio/GeoCaching

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
      I guess that explains it!

      I think you would be surprised at how many hams are GeoCachers.  I was introduced to it by Linda AB8QH.

      Personally I felt the exercise and the results to be well suited for the reflector, especially since the event was kicked off at the clubhouse.

      Thanks much for putting it all together.  I sure wish I could have been there.,

      From: "Barbara Lukacs Grob" <redoakscorner@ mymailstation. com>
      Date: Mon, June 18, 2007 7:00 am
      To: westmichiganhams@ yahoogroups. com

      Tom, you forgot to mention what fun we had in our attempts! It was a great afternoon followed by a DELICIOUS spread put out by Ingrid! And of course enjoyable talk all along with ham friends. I could only wish that more had come out to join in the fun. A huge thanks to both you and Ingrid for the great intro to ham geocaching.

      73,
      Barb
      KD8FBY
      All,
      We had a very success full HamRadio/Geocaching Exercise today. Two teams of three people each learned a lot about the sport of Geocaching with a ham radio flavor. The event was won by the team of KD8YL, KD8CBG, and KD8FBY with 70 points. As a result of the exercise, the rules we used have been slightly modified. Attached.

      Hope you can join us next time.

      Tom, N8YJT

      ***
      This message contains parts that can not be recognized or delivered to your device but has been saved on your webmail account. It will be stored there for future access until your webmail account reaches a 5 Megabyte limit at which time it will be deleted. If you have access to a computer and wish to view the complete message please visit https://webmail. earthlink. net and enter your MailStation e-mail address and password.