Re: [WestMichiganHams] Re: Fwd: Fw: Heart Attack Slide Show - Worth 45 Seconds of Your Life

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 9, 2007
      That message has been deleted from this reflector.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 9, 2007
        Having survived three heart attacks I feel it is very important that this very dangerous mis-information is stopped immediately.  Here is a denial about the e-mail.  We don't need any more SKs.

        ------------ --------- --------- ------

        Important Notice: 'How to Survive a Heart Attack When Alone'

        Hundreds of people around the country have been receiving an e-mail message entitled "How to Survive a Heart Attack When Alone." This article recommends a procedure to survive a heart attack in which the victim is advised to repeatedly cough at regular intervals until help arrives.

        The source of information for this article was attributed to ViaHealth Rochester General Hospital. This article is being propagated on the Internet as individuals send it to friends and acquaintances - and then those recipients of the memo send it to their friends and acquaintances, and so on.

        We can find no record that an article even resembling this was produced by Rochester General Hospital within the last 20 years. Furthermore, the medical information listed in the article can not be verified by current medical literature and is in no way condoned by this hospital’s medical staff. Also, both The Mended Hearts, Inc., a support organization for heart patients, and the American Heart Association have said that this information should not be forwarded or used by anyone.

        Please help us combat the proliferation of this misinformation. We ask that you please send this e-mail to anyone who sent you the article, and please ask them to do the same.

        Sincerely,

        Rich Sensenbach
        Web Development Coordinator
        ViaHealth Rochester General Hospital
        (585) 922-2124

        please watch the power point it could save your life. thanks paul

        Note: forwarded message attached.