Re: [WestMichiganHams] FW: KC8WSE

  • T Behler
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2007
      Tom, Linda, and all:

      Since my XYL, Sue, and I live in the Big Rapids area, and probably won't
      make it to the IRA swap this year, we obviously aren't in a position to help
      Jean out with a ride to the meeting.

      However, I did want to tell everyone interested in Jean's situation that I
      might have a lead on a possible used computer for Jean. She and my XYL
      talked on the phone for quite a while the other night, and I have been doing
      some checking at Ferris, where I teach. I may be able to get access to a
      used computer that is being replaced in one of the offices at the
      University, and I will make sure Jean gets it. I have a copy of Jaws, the
      speach screen reader for the blind that I use, and will make sure it gets
      installed on the machine for her. I also know that Handihams provides
      tutorials for people who are new to computers and Jaws, and I'll work to get
      access to that material as well. I'll even tutor Jean as much as I can from
      a distance.

      I think we need to do everything we can to encourage Jean. ... She has come
      a very long way over the past 2 years, and I am extremely pleased at her new
      appointment as WMTN net manager.

      I also applaud the Muskegon club for taking her under their wing and helping
      her as much as they have.

      If someone wants to work with me directly on the computer access issue for
      Jean, please e-mail me privately at:

      tbehler@...

      Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids, MI