Ideas for VHF/UHF digital net?

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007
      Well, the spring/summer propagation is back in force, at least here, so as I said in my previous post, we should restart the net.

      So, I want to know 2 things:
      1. What sort of modes should we use, and should we try using some bands besides 2 meters?
      2. As I asked before, is there anyone in the upper midwest/Great Lakes region with a good VHF/UHF station that would want to be the net control station? I've only got a single 13 element beam at 30 feet for 2m and a single 25 element beam at 35 feet for 432 MHz, both going into a barefoot Yaesu 857, so my effective range is quite limited.

      Opinions?
      -Joe, N8FQ