Tone squelch

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      We are now getting into the season of 2 meter tropo.

      If you want to only hear your local repeater, try setting the tone squelch.

      How it works, using our 94.8 PL as an example:

      In addition to setting a 94.8 tone to open the repeater, you can set your radio not to open the squelch until it hears the 94.8 tone.  I was hearing a repeater on the '94 frequency that had a 100.0 tone.  It was so strong that it came through no matter where I set the squelch.  Once I set the tone squelch the problem was gone and my radio only opens up when a 94.8 freq is heard.

      It works the other way too.  If I only want to hear the distant repeater that uses the 100.0 PL tone, I can set my radio to only open the squelch when that tone is heard.

      Ain't technology wonderful?