Scarborough Reef

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007
      BS7H IS NOW QRV
      The first QSO was made at 13:47 UTC 29 April.
      11:00 UTC 30 April

      As the day sets on Scarborough Reef they finished operating position 2
      and made good progress on the third operating position. As a result they
      are now able to man two stations during the darkness. AND, it is pitch
      black out there. After daybreak tomorrow they can finish a third
      station and increase operations further. Both stations have SteppIR
      verticals and no 80 or 160 mtr antennas have been erected yet. The reef
      is extremely hazardous making the setup slow and the heat is oppressive
      further tiring the team. At low tide the rocks are unreachable by the
      skiffs. We get a daily update and are not in constant contact with the
      team. If we don't answer your emails it is because we know nothing
      further than what we publish.