remote control

  • Paul Seyferth
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2007
      I recently inherited a Futaba fp-t6va skysport-6a??Learning to play
      with R/C is on my todo list(for about 5 years from now).What can it
      do,and or whats it worth?Tradeable?

      KD8CBJ
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
        Paul:

        Come on down to the MAARC club meeting in August, we plan on having a
        radio control guru from the Muskegon area talk about radio controlled
        aircraft. In the meantime, Bob Duplissis, N9AUY, is also a radio
        control guru...if you know him, talk to him, he's often listening to
        the .94 repeater. He listens, on occasion, to our Wednesday night
        net. He'd give you an idea. Or, I will contact him for you, if you
        like, I don't think that he is a member of this list. Also, there's
        a place called, but don't quote me, Fishmas Charters/Anderson's Sport
        Shop in Whitehall, on White Lake. He's huge into radio controlled
        toys and his shop is worth visiting, it's very interesting. Half the
        shop is fishing gear, the other half is radio controlled toys. He'd
        definitely be able to tell you what the Futaba is worth. Hams get
        extra frequency space in the R/C spectrum!

        Linda, AB8QH

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Seyferth" <KD8CBJ@...>
        wrote:

        > I recently inherited a Futaba fp-t6va skysport-6a??Learning to play
        > with R/C is on my todo list(for about 5 years from now).What can it
        > do,and or whats it worth?Tradeable?
        >
        > KD8CBJ

      • Linda
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
          It's Armstrong's Sport Shop NOT Anderson's.

          ab8qh

          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Linda"

        • KD8CBJ@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2007
            Thank You for the heads up on Aug.R/C.Being an information"junky"(electro.,mech.,chem.)I'm there.It is highlited on my-acquire information-calendar.
            I loosely know N9AUY (Bob) that battery class was his his doing I know.
            With your's and another e-mail I have 2 R/C shops to visit.
            As far as the net--I am in my 2nd week of  Laryngitis.Bad for me,good for everyone else.

                                                                                 KD8CBJ

            P.S. I wonder if Armstrong's has any R/C lures,I'd think the Ni-Cads would make them want to sink.
            Better yet A R/C submarine with live torpedoes HiHi.

            See what's free at AOL.com.