Blue Angel Crash

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2007
      I thought this would interest anyone that worked the Air Fair.
      I would like to express my thanks for all that worked the Air Fair for me over the years.  Not only was it a very tough gig where everyone performed remarkably, there was always the possibility of a crash such as this happening.  If the house that caught fire was in the 'sterile box' and no one was there we can gain some satisfaction for the work we did over the years clearing that area out for our show.
      Godspeed to the pilot that perished.
      I doubt we will ever work Air Fair Security again as it has been decided that paid security would be used from now on.  I assure you that the reason was NOT due to any error on our part.  The fact of the matter is that the job should be done by paid security for other reasons.  I do have to say that the company that worked the show last year did a good job.  I was in contact with the head of the company and he had things under control.  His help was efficient and friendly.  If we have another Air Fair I am going to recommend that the paid security we used in 2006 come back again.
      We will be in a position to work Child Watch, Logistics and assist with overall communications.   I will keep you informed as things develop.
      One I heard through the grapevine is that Chief Purchase is going to get his ham license!   I will post his new call as soon as I hear it.
      On a different note I still need help for the March of Dimes WalkAmerica this coming Saturday the 28th.  I have been pretty busy so I haven't had much time to call for help.  We will meet between 8 and 9 AM at Heritage Landing and go from there.  Talk in on the '94 repeater. We should be done a bit after noon.  The Walk takes place on the Bike Trail along Muskegon Lake.  Not only is this a great cause but the March of Dimes has been kind enough to allow us to practice emergency communications at their events for many, many years.  This year makes my 15th in a row.  WalkAmerica was the first charity event I ever did as a new Tech.
      73 everyone and enjoy the nice weather,