3:1

  • Paul Seyferth
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2007
      Recently while researching/pricing 2meter all mode rigs(between
      anchorage and new)I noticed some thing.Icom has more models,not just
      all modes,than the other makers.From Rig pix--Icom 311,Kenwood 191,and
      Yeasu 194.Icom also has more mods,per model,than the others.Are the
      higher numbers because Icom is fixing bugs?Or is Icom making that many
      techno.advances?
      Junk?or cutting edge?

      KD8CBJ
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22, 2007
        I think Icoms are VERY good rigs.

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Seyferth" <KD8CBJ@...>
        wrote:

        > Recently while researching/pricing 2meter all mode rigs(between
        > anchorage and new)I noticed some thing.Icom has more models,not just
        > all modes,than the other makers.From Rig pix--Icom 311,Kenwood
        191,and
        > Yeasu 194.Icom also has more mods,per model,than the others.Are the
        > higher numbers because Icom is fixing bugs?Or is Icom making that
        many
        > techno.advances?
        > Junk?or cutting edge?
        >
        > KD8CBJ

      • ke8fo
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2007
          Oh rats. I thought this would be about a Bible verse.

          I too have an Icom HF rig....the IC-728. I bought it used almost 10
          years ago. It sure was a step up from my old Tempo One!

          KE8FO