SSTV ID Question

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
      As I understand the SSTV service provided by Joe N8FQ, DTMF tones can be sent to request various images to be displayed as desired.

      How does one ID properly after sending the tones without interfering with the SSTV transmissions?

      Thanks

    • jtlr.fischer@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
        Maek their is a lag time from the time you send to the time the sstv image is sent  John kc8uny

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
          So I would send the tone and then say my call before I unkey?

          Thanks

          mhz

          Maek their is a lag time from the time you send to the time the sstv image is sent  John kc8uny
          As I understand the SSTV service provided by Joe N8FQ, DTMF tones can be sent to request various images to be displayed as desired.

          How does one ID properly after sending the tones without interfering with the SSTV transmissions?

          Thanks

        • Dennis Harriss
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
            If I were doing it I would wait for the R(eceived) response from the machine and then ID.

            Denny  N8CTT

            So I would send the tone and then say my call before I unkey?

            Thanks

            mhz

            Maek their is a lag time from the time you send to the time the sstv image is sent  John kc8uny
            As I understand the SSTV service provided by Joe N8FQ, DTMF tones can be sent to request various images to be displayed as desired.

            How does one ID properly after sending the tones without interfering with the SSTV transmissions?

            Thanks

          • Joe Veldhuis
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2007
              I would suggest that you identify BEFORE you send the tones. That's what I do.

              -Joe, N8FQ

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 3, 2007
                The FCC requirement is for the ID to be sent at the end of the exchange.

                Granted, the exchange is very short and the ID would be easily related to the exchange, but I am curious about the proper legal way to ID.

                Thanks again,

                Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 10:13