Restarting the 2m digital net

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      The net was put on hiatus over the winter due to the poor propagation conditions, but with spring underway, conditions are improving and it would be a good time time to resume the net.

      However, I am hoping that someone else can be the net control station this time. I only have a single 13 element beam at 30 ft, with no preamp, so my effective range is quite limited. I can barely pick out Mike KC9DOA at only 120 miles under normal conditions, and band enhancement is necessary for me to copy Jerry KC0HLN at 320 miles. Someone with a better tower and antenna system would be much better as a net control station.

      Opinions?

      -Joe, N8FQ
      Grand Haven, MI