Re: [WestMichiganHams] HF center

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
      Tune it for where you think you will operate the most.

      If you don't plan on upgrading I would shoot for 28.400 if you plan to use SSB.  If you plan on upgrading shoot for 28.600.  If you don't know make it long, or for the bottom end of the band and use a tuner.  I have found that using a tuner on an antenna that is too long works better than using one on an antenna that is too short.

      28.850 is in the General and higher SSB phone band.  It is about a half a meg higher than the Tech voice segment.  It is better to tune the antenna to the Tech segment and use a tuner to work in the General segments.

      Or just have two antennas.

      Or three....or four...or five......

      Have fun,

      73 de Mark K8MHZ