2-meter and 440 antenna for an RV again

  • T Behler
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2007
      Hi, all.

      I forgot to put in my last e-mail that I am a legally totally blind ham, so
      please make any responses verbal and descriptive. ... Pictures or graphics
      don't do me any good. HI! HI!

      73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
        Now you are starting to sound like Chris W8CJS.

        W8CJS is the new call of AB8WO.  CJS is Chris' initials.  Congrats on the vanity call!

        mhz

        I forgot to put in my last e-mail that I am a legally totally blind ham, so
        please make any responses verbal and descriptive. ... Pictures or graphics
        don't do me any good. HI! HI!

        73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ, Big Rapids

        Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
      • Chris Schulte
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
          Actually Al, he may be using a watt meter that LDG electronics makes.  It has a speech synthesizer on it.  Not sure how well it works as compared to other meters, but seeing as how he is totally blind, that's possibly what he is using, Tom, can you give us an idea of that?  If you are using that kind of meter, I'd be interested in knowing how you've found it to work.  73,
          Chris,
          w8cjs

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
            Mark:

            Well, you know what they say. ... It's always best to communicate your
            situation, so that people don't send you information you can't use.

            Anyway, look forward to any suggestions the good folks on this list may have
            for my 2-meter and 440 antenna installation on the new RV.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
              Hi Tom,

              I was just messin' with you.  And Chris too.

              Don't worry, we will get you radio active, that 's for sure.

              Some of the best radio minds haunt this reflector.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
                Chris:

                As I indicated in an e-mail a bit ago, I'm using a talking SWR meter that's
                designed by a Canadian ham named Remy Simard.

                I bought it about a year before the LDG units came out.

                I've always wanted an LDG unit, but haven't had the bucks for it so far, so
                have stuck with this other model in the meantime.

                It seems to be fairly accurate on HF, but I haven't had as much experience
                with it on 2 meters.

                And, it doesn't measure SWR on 440.

                So, I'm not sure how totally accurate it is, but at least it seems to give
                me ball park figures.

                73 from Tom Behler: Kb8TYJ

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
                  Mark:

                  Of course, I know you were just rattling my chain!

                  One of these days, by the way, I want to meet you personally. ... And, in
                  case I haven't already said it, I really like your call!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
                    Thanks Tom,

                    My call is a vanity call but Brian N8MHZ from Spring Lake got his assigned to him.  Cool eh?

                    I sure wish you were closer.  I would enjoy the challenge of getting your RV station on the air.

                    If you don't get it figured out by Spring let me know.  Big Rapids is much closer in warm weather!

                    73 de K8MHZ

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
                      Sounds like a plan, Mark. ... Will keep you and everyone posted, and for
                      all on the list, keep those thoughts and suggestions coming. ... I'll read
                      all of them, and give them each serious consideration.

                      73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ