Another suggestion for cleaning up the e-mails

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2006
      I made a PDF copy of the instructions from my last post and uploaded
      it to the Files section.

      ----

      Sorry for being such a know-it-all web hog here, but I just had
      another thought (just trying to be helpful):

      When you reply to a thread using e-mail, the program usually leaves
      the previous e-mail(s) appended at the end of your message. While
      this is helpful if you're only reading one copy, it kind of makes for
      a very long e-mail by the time it is passed around a few times.

      This also causes multiple copies of the same text in the "daily
      Digest" if several people have replied to a topic.

      I would like to suggest we make a practice of deleting all the
      information below the reply except for the post to which you are
      replying. It will sure save space in our inboxes as well as speeding
      up download times for those with dial-up connections.

      Andrew