Reminder MAARC Special Meeting at Norton Shores Public Library - January 4th

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
      The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council is pleased to present a
      special program on January 4, 2007, at the Norton Shores Public
      Library, 705 Seminole Rd, Norton Shores, Michigan. 7 p.m. sharp! The
      program will be presented by David Clow, CEO of Harding Energy, Inc.,
      a world leader in rechargeable battery technology.

      The public is welcome to attend this program. Bob, N9AUY, pulled
      this program together for us and has also invited his radio controlled
      aircraft club to attend. We think there will be an excellent turnout.
      Many in the public, who don't know any better, think that ham radio
      is dead. Help us prove them wrong! There has been no decision yet on
      a talk-in to the library location, BUT if you make a call on the local
      .94 repeater, someone will guide you to the library. It's not
      difficult to find.

      Here is some information from Harding's website
      http://www.hardingenergy.com):

      "Harding Energy Inc. was founded in 1987 by local businessmen and
      physicians in the western Michigan area. Lead by Doctor Nicholas
      Pietrangelo and his relationship with Stan Ovshinsky, inventor of
      Nickel Metal Hydride technology, Harding was one of the first
      companies to obtain a license from Energy Conversion Devices (ECD) to
      manufacture and distribute NiMH batteries and battery assemblies."
      "Harding has evolved from a single line cell manufacturer to a global
      battery solution provider. Products range from single cells that are
      distributed to assemblers for battery pack manufacturing, to the most
      complicated smart battery technology solutions coupled with
      intelligent chargers. Harding has 100 different cell sizes making them
      one of the largest cell providers in the world with production
      capabilities exceeding 3,000,000 units per month. Harding offers
      Li-Ion, Li-Polymer, Ni-MH, charging systems and smart boards to
      complete their product line."

      "Not only is Harding a world-class manufacturer, but also their staff
      is extremely well versed and has many years experience in the
      electronics and battery industry. President and CEO, David Clow has
      been in the electronic industry in excess of 30 years and brings a
      global knowledge to Harding. With his several years of experience
      matched with his education, he brings a tremendous amount of resources
      and talent that is necessary to run and orchestrate the departments
      within the Harding Corporation."

      73, Linda Rosenthal, AB8QH
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
        Great meeting - well worth the 45 mile drive from Rockford!

        73 de n8xx Hg

        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Linda" <linda_rosenthal@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
          You were there?

          Where were you hiding?

          I agree, a super meeting.  Answered many questions I had about rechargeable batteries.

          Check out his link everyone, to Harding Energy:

          Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 22:24
          Subject: [WestMichiganHams] Re: Reminder MAARC Special Meeting at Norton Shores Public Library - January 4th

          wrote:

          > The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council is pleased to present a
          > special program on January 4, 2007, at the Norton Shores Public
          > Library, 705 Seminole Rd, Norton Shores, Michigan. 7 p.m. sharp!
          > The program will be presented by David Clow, CEO of Harding Energy,
          > Inc., a world leader in rechargeable battery technology. <snip>

        • Tom VanderMel
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
            I agree it was a great meeting. I talked to Dave from Harding about stocking the batteries and chargers at my Tool Store. I will be having a meeting with him in about a week when he gets back from the west coast. Tom KB8VEE

            Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 22:24

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2007
              That would be great, Tom!

              If you had a line of AA battery packs for HTs I think the two would go hand in hand.

              Folks in our hobby can't have enough batteries.

              73 de K8MHZ

              Sent: Thursday, January 04, 2007 22:24