Morse test question

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2006
      Anyone know what year the first Morse Code test was given for amateur radio?  Or who was the first person to pass it?  I can't seem to find it.  I guess Hiram P. Maxim did not have to take one.  It would be interesting to know the exact dates of the first and last tests given.  I wonder who the last person to get Element 1 certification will be?

      Tnx de K8MHZ