Santa on 20m phone

  • K8TB
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2006
      For those of you who have young(er) children, or even better yet,
      grandchildren, there is a guy on 20 meters, with the call WO6T, who is
      running a special event station under the call of W6S. He is Santa on
      the air. You can email him ahead of time, by going to the website,
      www.wo6t.com, and clicking on the webcam page, and then looking for the
      little elf to send an email.

      My wife, K8AJ, had two of the grandchildren over this afternoon, and
      had "emailed" Santa with specific information ahead of time. The older
      one is 6, and she was absolutely stunned when Santa was telling her
      about her loose tooth, and all the stuff going on in her life. He does a
      great job.

      I wish I had known about this earlier, but you still have Saturday
      and Sunday to mix the magic of Santa with the magic of ham radio. The
      six year old was still babbling about the contact hours later.

      W6S, when he is on, is around 14.270 +/-, and his signal is "routed"
      via Bakersfield, CA.

      Enjoy the season,

      Tom Bosscher K8TB