Ceremony of Last Call

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2006
      Hi Everyone,

      Tonight on the 146.94 repeater in Muskegon we will be performing the Ceremony of Last Call for our friend Al Ronning, K8AER SK.

      Anyone that would like to participate is welcome.  Part of the Ceremony consists of each person making one Last Call to Al and getting to say 'so long' over the air one last time.

      Godspeed to Al, we will all miss him.

      I am hoping for a very large turnout tonight.

      Thank you all,

      Mark K8MHZ
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2006
        Note that the net is being held on the MAARC repeater and not the
        usual repeater you may be more used to using on Sunday evenings.

        The net starts at 7:30 pm local time with check-in with the net
        control. You do not need to be or even have been a "regular" on the
        two meter net to check-in and participate. We are encouraging all
        local hams to take a moment and participate.

        While this will be an emotionally difficult net for all of us your
        support and participation will make this net memorable and meaningful.
        I, selfishly, will need the assistance from all our friends for this
        evening's net. Please lend me a hand and we'll get through this
        together.
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2009
          All:

          Our ham community lost a ham friend last month. Matt, K8MLD was a member of the Muskegon radio club and active in the ham community. We will honor his memory with a Ceremony of Last Call on our regular two-meter net. Please join us for this event on Wednesday, June 10 at 7:00 pm on the MAARC, W8ZHO repeater. The frequency is 146.94 with the usual offset and PL tone.

          You don't have to have known Matt so well. We would appreciate help with this special remembrance of a silent key friend.

          We hope to hear you on our net.

          Thanks and 73

          Bill, NA8M