Great Lakes area Friday night MFSK16 net tonight @ 8e/7c

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
      Well, I was busy setting up a hamfest 2 weeks ago, and slept through the
      net last week, but this week the net will most certainly be held.

      Time: 8 PM eastern, 7 PM central
      Freq: 144.150 MHz USB (dial)

      One idea I've had, after seeing some discussion on the
      illinoisdigitalham list (one of 3 I cross-post this to), is to try using
      Olivia instead of MFSK16. As robust as MFSK16 is, Olivia is even better.
      Starting next week, I think I'll switch to Olivia for this net. The mode
      is supported in MixW and MultiPSK on windows, or gMFSK and Fldigi on
      Linux/*BSD.

      -Joe, KD8ATU
      Grand Haven, Michigan - EN62wx
    • kc8dei
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, Joe Veldhuis <kd8atu@...> wrote:

        > Starting next week, I think I'll switch to Olivia for this net. The mode
        > is supported in MixW and MultiPSK on windows, or gMFSK and Fldigi on
        > Linux/*BSD.

        Sorry I wasn't able to make the net tonight. Is Olivia known by
        another name? I don't see it on the gMFSK (0.6) menu.

        Mark Moss, KC8DEI
      • Joe Veldhuis
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
          It wasn't implemented in gMFSK until version 0.7.

          -Joe, KD8ATU