Re: [WestMichiganHams] Re: Sweepstakes, Anyone?

  • Tom Nickisch
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 26, 2006
      Ok Bill,
      As I said last night I manage two big crock pots of Chile and maybe we can talk K8MHZ into some veggie Chile so we can provide for KC8MDL.  Now that you brought up breakfast Chris AB8WO is going to go on strike if I don't bring the fixings for biscuits and sausage gravy.  Why can't we set up a second radio we have more than one HF antenna Don't we?  Somthing to think about.

      Tom W8AMZ

      Bill <bill_fries@...> wrote:
      Doc:

      So I sense your definite need for caffeine. We should get Starbucks
      coffee and make up a HUGE POT. I'm game.

      And, Chris, we'll find a way for you to get to the clubhouse.

      I'm bringing my sleeping bag. Can really old kids have a "slumber
      party" too?

      Should be a really great time.

      Since clock time changes some time in October I can't say exactly what
      time we'll be at the clubhouse. Just about all the contests run on
      UTC which requires some computation for "regular folks" time.

      Excerpted from the ARRL's www page:
      Phone: Third full weekend in November (November 18-20, 2006).
      2.3. Contest Period: Begins 2100 UTC Saturday, ends
      0300 UTC Monday.
      2.4. Operate no more than 24 of the 30 hours.

      Let's see if I can do the math: 2100 UTC minus 5 hours for local time
      is 1600 local minus 12 for am or pm makes the start at 4:00 in the
      afternoon. End time is 0300 plus 2400 for the math is 2700 minus 5
      hours for local time is 2200 minus 12 hours am or pm makes the end of
      the contest at 10:00 pm. That last part sounds too late. Anyone want
      to check my math? Linda did the checking. And the contest runs
      thirty hours so it makes sense.

      Tom, W8AMZ is saying we should have a HUGE tub of chilie to keep the
      troops fueled and talking. Great Idea! I'm thinking that stragglers
      on Sunday morning need a really BIG breakfast. I'll make something to
      hold us over until the early afternoon when the leftover chilie is
      resurrected and employed.

      Rumor is that the clubhouse's shack computer will be running and we
      can use that for logging. I'll make sure we have a back-up notebook
      computer, just in case. We'll run a Multi-Single meaning multiple
      operators (YES! Lots) working a single rig.

      This will be great fun!

      Bill, AB8SC

    • Chris Schulte
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 26, 2006
        Normalcy?  I've never been accused of being normal.  Oh, and yes Bill, older kids can have a slumber party, but all of the ones I went to when I was a teenager usually ended up being broken up by the cops.  Good thing the club house is out in the country so we don't have to worry about the noise keeping the neighbors awake.  *chuckles* I'm looking forward to it.

        Bill <bill_fries@...> wrote:
[...]

      • ravennaelectronics
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 28, 2006
          Is there life before caffine Bill?
          Remember science and Einstein!
          E=mc2 (sqaured) which stands for Eneregy = morning x2 cups of coffee.

          Doc

          --- In WestMichiganHams@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bill_fries@...>