Why I love Hamsexy.com...

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1 7:09 PM
      "So what kind of rig are you running in your Festiva?"

      Credit must be given to the slueths at Hamsexy for this one.  Anyone count more than 12 radios and a GPS?
    • Bill Fries
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2 7:50 AM
        All:

        In the June issue of Flashovers, the monthly newsletter for the Muskegon radio club I wrote the following paragraph.  Linda, AB8QH took the picture.  I'm sure the vehicle is the same one shown in the photographs from Mark's post.  This was part of a story on my first trip to Dayton this past May

        In the parking lot there are a collection of vehicles
        sporting the ubiquitous antenna, amateur radio license
        plate, and bumper sticker. One small car has
        sixteen antennas and Linda has the photographic
        proof. I resist the urge to wander over and steal an
        inconspicuous look inside at what most certainly is
        a wall-to-wall collection of radio hardware requiring
        a virtual pincushion of antenna hardware. This guy
        should be driving a bus to support all these antennas
        and not the tiny car he has hidden under there
        somewhere.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2 7:55 AM
          Yes Bill, that is the car!

          In the June issue of Flashovers, the monthly newsletter for the Muskegon radio club I wrote the following paragraph.  Linda, AB8QH took the picture.  I'm sure the vehicle is the same one shown in the photographs from Mark's post.  This was part of a story on my first trip to Dayton this past May

          In the parking lot there are a collection of vehicles
          sporting the ubiquitous antenna, amateur radio license
          plate, and bumper sticker. One small car has
          sixteen antennas and Linda has the photographic
          proof. I resist the urge to wander over and steal an
          inconspicuous look inside at what most certainly is
          a wall-to-wall collection of radio hardware requiring
          a virtual pincushion of antenna hardware. This guy
          should be driving a bus to support all these antennas
          and not the tiny car he has hidden under there
          somewhere.

          Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
        • Gary Lauff
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3 7:59 PM
            Hi, I also attended Dayton Hamvention 2006, and I also documented that same red vehicle, with all the antennas. I shot a digital 8 segment, from several different vantage points, as I was standing in line, waiting for the shuttle bus. I would be glad to share the footage with you if you have any desire. Gary / KD8AZM Kentwood, MI.

            Yes Bill, that is the car!

            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4 7:23 AM
              That is one of the most photographed cars in history, I'll bet!  It has been on Hamsexy a couple times now.  The piece de la resistance was the photos of the inside.

              I don't know how legal having all that stuff on the dash is.  Rumors are that he now has 44 antennas on the car.  And lest we forget the yellow flasher and the remote controlled spotlight on the roof.

              I was wondering the other day if, by coincedence, traffic was to come on all the radios at the same time so the alternator would have to keep up with draw from all the speakers.  Do you think the engine would keep running?

              Pictures can be uploaded to the Photos section of the group.  I don't think anyone has used this feature yet so let me know if you have any problems with it.

              Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 03:59

              Hi, I also attended Dayton Hamvention 2006, and I also documented that same red vehicle, with all the antennas. I shot a digital 8 segment, from several different vantage points, as I was standing in line, waiting for the shuttle bus. I would be glad to share the footage with you if you have any desire. Gary / KD8AZM Kentwood, MI.

              k8mhz@k8mhz. com wrote:

              Yes Bill, that is the car!

[...]

              Do You Yahoo!br>Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
              http://mail. yahoo.com

              Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

                  I doubt the engine keeps running very well even with all the radios off.  Did you get a good look at that heap?

                  Judjing by the workmanship, I doubt the oil gets changed more than once a year.

                  Sent: Monday, September 04, 2006 03:59

                  Hi, I also attended Dayton Hamvention 2006, and I also documented that same red vehicle, with all the antennas. I shot a digital 8 segment, from several different vantage points, as I was standing in line, waiting for the shuttle bus. I would be glad to share the footage with you if you have any desire. Gary / KD8AZM Kentwood, MI.

                  k8mhz@k8mhz. com wrote:

                  Yes Bill, that is the car!