Ohio QSO Party, Saturday, August 26, Noon to Midnight

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2006
      The Ohio QSO party, sponsored by the Mad River Radio Club (MRRC) will
      be held next weekend, starting Saturday, August 26, at noon EDT, and
      ending at Midnight EDT. The contest is open to any Amateur Radio
      Operator. The object is for folks outside the state to contact as
      many Ohio operators as possible on as many bands as possible.

      Full rules are at http://www.oqp.us

      I'll be operating with the special event station W8B crew, in BROWN
      County, Ohio, east of Cincinnati. We'll be operating both phone and
      CW with two separate stations. A pictorial QSL will be available for
      SASE. Best possibility between BROWN county and Western Michigan is
      40 metres during the daylight hours, and 80/75 metres during the
      evening. We plan to operate about 5 KHz below the suggested calling
      frequencies or 3535 7040 KHz CW, 3840 7220 KHz Phone. Frequencies are
      subject to band conditions, activity, etc.

      The MRRC is composed of contest minded hams in Michigan, Ohio, and
      surrounding states.

      CU during the OQP!

      73 de n8xx Hg