Re: [WestMichiganHams] Re: Feelings about Ham in a Day

  • Jim KC8PCJ
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 3, 2006
      ham in a day or a year you really don't start learning until you are on the air and learning from so many others that have learned from so many others that have learned from so many others. I studied for months and passed my General, but did not learn what I studied until I put it to use and recieved so much help from other hams both on the air and off.
    • Bill Fries
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 7, 2006
        All:

        The MAARC (the Muskegon radio club) is having a Founders' Day Picnic and
        YOU are invited.

        We will feature a pig roast, Special Event, special presentation, lots
        of photographs and video, and tons and tons of fun for our families.

        The event starts at 11:00 am and lunch will be noon. It is a pot luck
        thing so bring along a salad or desert to go along with the pig roast.
        Cost will be $8 for adults, kids 5 to 12 will be $4, and under five kids
        are free.

        Bring the family, your friends, hams of all ages, and the kids. We will
        have games, radio, fun, and all manner of picnic related events. Can
        you pin the antenna on the transceiver? Volleyball? Games? Fun!

        Mark your calendar for August 19, a Saturday. We'll run until the cows
        come home.
      • Tom Nickisch

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 9, 2006
            Do you know that the picnic will be at the clubhouse? 2888 Scenic
            Drive a quarter mile south of the Red Rooster Tavern, a stone's throw
            from Lake Michigan, and between Muskegon and White Lakes.
          • Bill
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 25, 2009
              Founders' Day Picnic

              We are going to enjoy the upcoming Founders' Day Picnic at the clubhouse on August 8. The fun starts at eleven o'clock in the morning. Lunch will be a potluck affair at noon. In the afternoon, there will be games and fun for the entire family. Please note that we will have old-fashioned games (sack races, three legged races, and related games) for the kids so bring the kids and grandkids to this event. We will also have fun games for the "older" participants, too. This event will run into the afternoon.

              We have invited Karl, W8KGR, and his museum quality spark shack. Join the fun as we see how the "old-timers" did radio. Maybe we'll even earn the prestigious WAN (Work All Neighbors) wallpaper during the demonstration.

              There will not be an additional cost beyond the potluck dish you will pass, so pack the watermelon and sweet corn. Bring along a dish of potato salad or brats for the grill. Leave the ants at home. It's an old fashioned picnic. Does anyone have an ice cream maker you can share? I'm going to bring a tablecloth and we'll picnic right on the grass under that steel tree in the yard.

              We hope to see all of you there. Bill, NA8M, Linda, WA8M, and other friends of the MAARC host this picnic. You don't have to be a member. You do have to drop in and help us enjoy the company and fun.

              Note: The Muskegon Area Amateur Radio Council has their clubhouse located at 2888 Scenic Drive in Muskegon. Google the address.

              This event is open to all who want to enjoy the picnic regardless of amateur radio license status. It's going to be great fun. Come on out.

              de Bill, NA8M