Great Lakes area 2m MFSK16 net this Friday 7e/6c

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2006
      I haven't had any checkins the last 3 weeks, so I'm really hoping that
      someone will be out there this time. The net starts at 7 PM eastern/6 PM
      central, on 144.150 +1500Hz (144.1515 actual). Beam heading schedule is
      generally like this:

      7:00 - East-southeast (Grand Rapids, Detroit, London)
      7:03 - Southeast (Kalamazoo, Fort Wayne, Cincinnati)
      7:06 - South (Holland, Benton Harbor, Indianapolis)
      7:10 - Southwest (Chicago, Peoria, St. Louis)
      7:13 - West (Milwaukee, Madison, Dubuque)
      7:16 - Northwest (Green Bay, Rhinelander)
      7:20 - North (Traverse City, Marquette)
      7:23 - Northeast (Mount Pleasant, Alpena, Sudbury)
      7:25 - East-northeast (Big Rapids, Saginaw, Wiarton)

      My antenna isn't all that big or all that high up, so the biggest
      factors going into the range of the net are your setup and the level of
      enhancement present. I can reliably work phone at 200 miles regardless
      of conditions, and digital modes (especially robust modes with FEC like
      MFSK16) can be copied at much weaker signal levels than phone, so a
      range of 300 miles might be possible.

      -Joe, KD8ATU
      Grand Haven, Michigan - EN62wx