[Fwd: [SCA Equestrian] Fwd: [horseandhound] OT: Fraud]

  • DIANNE KARP
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 8:18 AM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 4 KB
    Forwarded from Donwenna, former SEO. Before forwarding, I did a White
    Pages search. There is a Walter McGibbony listed in Los Angeles and a
    Letitia Pavel (with several aliases) in S. Chicago Hgts, Ill

    Siobhan

    Greetings,
    Fraud can be closer than you think. I've been trying to sell a couple of
    horses and listed them online. Last week I was contacted by a "Mitch
    Torrel" wanting to buy on of them. He and I contacted back and forth,
    agreed on a price. Then I found out he was in CA, and I'm in Maryland. I
    questioned him on this and he said that my money would be sent by FedEx. I
    was suspicious. When I recvd the money it was 4 money orders for $850.00
    each, totalling $3400.00. That wasn't very much to ship a horse to CA on,
    besides he said I had to cash them immediately and Western Union the
    remaining amount to the shipper. I took them straight to the post office,
    since they issued them and asked if they were real. The lady looked at the
    front, and then held them up to the light. Only then did I realize that
    they were fake. Ben Franklin has a very faint watermark to the left of a
    real one. The front looked really good. If I had cashed those, I
    would have been out a good chunk of money. Money that I don't have. Name
    on the Money order was Walter McGibbony, from CA and the shipper is Letisia
    Pavel in Southern Chicago Heights IL.
    Be careful out there folks, its gonna start getting hairier and hairier
    out there and money is their main objective.
    YIS
    Nem

    --
    Donwenna La Mareschale