Re: Kingdom website content/events with horses/Mists practices

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2010
      Unfortunately, the Kingdom calendar is down as well as other portions of the site due to technical issues beyond the webminister's control  ( I posted a workaround link for the calendar to the SCA-West group & can resend to West_EQ in case anyone else has been frustrated by this issue! :-)

      The practices in the Mists have been set up by Zinaida at several locations - her barn in Felton (near Santa Cruz), at the Santa Cruz Horseman's Association arena (I think), also in Felton, and at Tres Pinos so we can hopefully see more of our Canale friends at those....  And rental horses are available any weekend at d Levin Park in Milpitas.  As Genevieve said, you are welcome to come up to our barn (where some of the rental horses live as these are nice, privately owned horses and not an overused string) any time, or I can met you at the arena with equipment for the games if you want to learn about hte SCA EQ stuff vs. just getting saddle time.

      BTW, Bay Area events with horses this Spring include Mists Coronet April 10th with horses/EQ activities (and a meet & greet! :-) at Tres Pinos/Belado Park/San Benito County Fairgrounds.  Equestrium is after that, coming up April 23-25th at Skyline ranch in Napa (only 2 months away!!).  Finally there is M/C War, also at Skyline - note that the DATE HAS CHANGED to May 14-16th.  EQ at the M/C War is tentative, since I will be watching both kids and cannot be EqMiC, and we ned to line up a Mardshal in Charge (I'm not sure if Zinaida can make it with her EQ clinic schedule).

      Hope that helps a little, and hopefully Zinaids will post the Mists EQ practice dates soon if she hasn't already.
      ;-), Marguerite

      On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM, DIANNE KARP <diannekarp@...> wrote:
      Celine

      We have been trying to get content on that website since January of last
      year.  The Powers That Be have, once again, been given everything and I
      have been assured, once again, that it will get put up.

      In the meantime, refer folks to the Cynaguan website

      http://cynagua.org/

      where the content we asked for was loaded 2 days later.

      Grump

      Siobhan

      > Hello Siobhan!
      > I just got a list of practices and was wondering if it has been submitted
      > to the West Kingdom website person. I tried to get some info about the
      > Western Equestrians, but the links either take you to a "working on it
      > page" or don't work at all when clicked. (personally, I don't like the
      > new website, but if you know enough to get to the Equestrian link, it
      > would be great if there was some useful info there! Is there anything I
      > can do to help get our info onto our site? I made up a spreadsheet for
      > the fighter practices and gave it to the Earl Marshal, maybe I can do the
      > same for us?
      > -Celine.
      >
      >  OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED.
      >

      > ________________________________

      ------------------------------------

      This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         WestKingdomEQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
         WestKingdomEQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Elsie
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
        http://cynagua.org/officers/equestrian/

        Is a slightly more direct link to the Eq rules, waivers, etc for those who are looking.

        http://www.silverdor.org/2010calendar.html
        Is the work around link to Vigdis's Calendar - in place of the one on the Kingdom Website.

        Else

        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Rachael Keish <rachaelo@...> wrote:

        > Unfortunately, the Kingdom calendar is down as well as other portions of the
        > site due to technical issues beyond the webminister's control ( I posted a
        > workaround link for the calendar to the SCA-West group & can resend to
        > West_EQ in case anyone else has been frustrated by this issue! :-)
        >
        > ;-), Marguerite
        >
        > On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM, DIANNE KARP <diannekarp@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Celine
        > >
        > > We have been trying to get content on that website since January of last
        > > year. The Powers That Be have, once again, been given everything and I
        > > have been assured, once again, that it will get put up.
        > >
        > > In the meantime, refer folks to the Cynaguan website
        > >
        > > http://cynagua.org/

      • DIANNE KARP
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
          I am advised that the situation which, most recently, has caused a delay
          in getting the Eq content on the kingdom website has bee resolved and
          that I can expect to have said content up soon.

          keeping my fingers crossed.

          Siobhan
        • juliana_of_avon
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
            Else,

            COOL! Is this webpage new?

            ~J

          • nancyreimers@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
              I believe it is the page that Aeschine created for Siobhan/Arianwen/Gwen. So it's new as of this month.

              From: "juliana_of_avon" <la3luna@...>
              Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:40:24 -0000
              To: <WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: [WestKingdomEQ] Re: Kingdom website content/events with horses/Mists practices

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 26, 2010
                > I believe it is the page that Aeschine created for Siobhan/Arianwen/Gwen.
                > So it's new as of this month.
                >
                > Else
                >
                > -

                She did - magnificent webmistress that she is. After saying at
                Investiture that it might take her awhile since she was still figuring
                out the language that the website was written in - two days later 'poof'
                content!!!

                I asked her if she could set up the link to the eq handbook and the email
                links for Arianwyn and myself - and she did!