local riding classes?

  • greenplnt
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2010
      Hello All.
      It seems the first step to get back into riding condition myself is to
      get back into lessons, preferably weekly. I live in Palo Alto and was
      wondering if there was some local places that you can suggest. I have
      past training in English combined training. Dressage, stadium jumping
      and cross-country jumping. I am authorized as an advanced rider. Is
      there anywhere that some of you congregate to take group lessons?
      Stables that offer lessons that also have SCA equipment for training for
      events? Or is everything done at private arenas? I have looked through
      all the files, etc on the group and do not see any listings. Please feel
      free to post to me privately if you do not want this info in the group
      messages.
      Thank you for your attention.
      Lady Celine Angeli de Moneta.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2010
        Greetings Lady Celine,
        In this area, we used to have group lessons at a few different places, depending on interest from participants - first in Sunol (westren) and then in Saratoga (English, at Garrod Farm/Stables).  We had anywhere fro, 6 -2 people at this usually monthly things, but it just became too complicated to coordinate everyone's calendar. I currently take dressage lessons on Genevieve's horse (that I half lease) at my barn in Milpitas, just up the hill from Ed Levin Park.

        Last summer a few showed up and practiced or took lessons at Ed Levin Park in Milpitas - I had set up monthly practices there and there is a rental horse wrangler there every Sat & Sun 11:00-4:00 (western, costs $40/hour, and he's a good instructor from what I saw).

        Zinaida (current Mists EQ officer) has set up practices at several different locations this year in hopes of growing our local contingent more, though I know the wrangler is still at Ed Levin each weekend and would be happy to meet you out there and bring my equipment sometime - just give me a call as I need to set up kid care to get away!  I'm sure Zinaida will be posting those practice dates soon if she hasn't already (I'm behind on email ;-).

        Hope that helps!
        ;-), Marguerite
        (408) 592-0223

        On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM, greenplnt <greenplnt@...> wrote:
        Hello All.
        It seems the first step to get back into riding condition myself is to
        get back into lessons, preferably weekly. I live in Palo Alto and was
        wondering if there was some local places that you can suggest. I have
        past training in English combined training. Dressage, stadium jumping
        and cross-country jumping. I am authorized as an advanced rider. Is
        there anywhere that some of you congregate to take group lessons?
        Stables that offer lessons that also have SCA equipment for training for
        events? Or is everything done at private arenas? I have looked through
        all the files, etc on the group and do not see any listings. Please feel
        free to post to me privately if you do not want this info in the group
        messages.
        Thank you for your attention.
        Lady Celine Angeli de Moneta.

        This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)