kingdom Eq event

  • Dianne L Karp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2003
      Eilis, Aja and Bea

      Would like to set up an event for either Oct 18th _OR_ Oct 19th in
      Loomis. Lots of excitment about the idea, including from HRH. Will need
      funds - site should be about 210.00 for site fee and insurance plus 50.00
      refund dep..

      What do you want from me in order to proceed? I'd like to reserve the
      site this week, if possible.

      Siobhan
      Cyn Eq officer

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • Dianne L Karp
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2003
        > Obviously, you are expecting this to be a kingdom level event,
        > given
        > the people on the To: line. Since this is not a regular kingdom
        > level
        > event (a Crown, Coronation, A&S, Collegium or W/AT War) my feeling
        > is
        > that it should come out of CoEA funds. Currently, that balance is
        > $1400. In order to access those funds, you will need the approval
        > of
        > the the Kingdom EA officer, Henrik of Havn. (He doesn't check his
        > email all that often - try his cell phone: 415-716-6370.)

        Aja

        1. I can not reach Henrik. His phone says not in service at this time.
        He is not answering his email. I need at least $50.00 to go with the
        forms to reserve the site ASAP. I will then need the funds for insurance
        soon thereafter.

        2. As all residents of the kingdom can participate, why shouldn't the
        funds come from Kingdom??? I think it is a bad president to say we are
        separate in some fashion. Anyone can arrive and authorize that day so
        that they can play. Unlike rapier, for example, or heavy fighting, it
        does not take a long time to get authorized.

        3. Our intention is to establish at least 2 Eq events each year so that,
        eventually, it will be as much a part of the calendar is A&S. In other
        kingdoms, all eq events that happen in conjunction with an established
        kingdom event have their costs included in the overall costs (horses at
        Crown would be an example). Events, like this one, which are Eq only are
        divided somewhat as to how they are paid for - some are paid for by the
        eq community from their funds and some are paid by the kingdom. I'd like
        to see us establish the precident and include all eq events under the
        kingdom umbrella. Eq. funds might be used for special purposes, such as
        paying for an equine expert to give a talk.

        Thank you for considering my thoughts on this matter.

        Siobhan ni Seaghdha. OP
        Cynaguan Equestrian officer

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • Tobi Beck
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 26, 2003
          Aja,

          Baring your ability to do this,  I have been acting as Henrick's deputy for some time now and would release the funds needed, as I'm sure he would do if we could reach him.

          Elina

          At 03:04 PM 6/25/2003 -0700, Dianne L Karp wrote:

          > Obviously, you are expecting this to be a kingdom level event,
          > given
          > the  people on the To: line.  Since this is not a regular kingdom
          > level
          > event (a Crown, Coronation, A&S, Collegium or W/AT War) my feeling
          > is
          > that it should come out of CoEA funds.  Currently, that balance is
          > $1400.  In order to access those funds, you will need the approval
          > of
          > the the Kingdom EA officer, Henrik of Havn.  (He doesn't check his
          > email all that often - try his cell phone: 415-716-6370.)

          Aja

          1.  I can not reach Henrik.  His phone says not in service at this time.
          He is not answering his email.  I need at least $50.00 to go with the
          forms to reserve the site ASAP.  I will then need the funds for insurance
          soon thereafter.

          2.  As all residents of the kingdom can participate, why shouldn't the
          funds come from Kingdom???  I think it is a bad president to say we are
          separate in some fashion.  Anyone can arrive and authorize that day so
          that they can play.  Unlike rapier, for example, or heavy fighting, it
          does not take a long time to get authorized.

          3.  Our intention is to establish at least 2 Eq events each year so that,
          eventually, it will be as much a part of the calendar is A&S.  In other
          kingdoms, all eq events that happen in conjunction with an established
          kingdom event have their costs included in the overall costs (horses at
          Crown would be an example).  Events, like this one, which are Eq only are
          divided somewhat as to how they are paid for - some are paid for by the
          eq community from their funds and some are paid by the kingdom.  I'd like
          to see us establish the precident and include all eq events under the
          kingdom umbrella.  Eq. funds might be used for special purposes, such as
          paying for an equine expert to give a talk.

          Thank you for considering my thoughts on this matter.

          Siobhan ni Seaghdha. OP
          Cynaguan Equestrian officer

          Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor