apology

  • dkarp@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009
      When I said 'she just took the boilerplate' , I realized afterward that it came out sounding liike Morrighan did not actually create something. I did not intend that impression and I apologise for that.

      She created a wonderful document starting with what was there already and tweeking it to fit our needs.

      mea culpa

      Sns

      Am I the Siobhan you're looking for?

      On Mar 30, 2009, awnova@... wrote:

      More or less correct... I did take the plain language from the previous document which was intended as an SCA-wide doc (I think).

      I updated some of the info to reflect current stats, and then I added in the specifics for the horse sites and put in all new pictures.

      I can change it for use in the West Kingdom specifically if that is what people want... I suppose that makes sense since I don't know how much different the other kingdom's site requirements are...

      I tried to make it shorter... honestly, but it's tough when you have someone not in the SCA read it and still come up with a bunch of questions you haven't answered!

      Morrighan

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Rachael Keish <rachaelo@...> wrote:

> [...]

      > > a SHARP EDGE as opposed to a blunt or rebaited edge" (and therefore

      > > dangerous and potentially destructive) in this context, is also not what I

      > > would expect of someone with little or no previous martial arts background.

      > > The other thing I noticed that seems worth a slight change is at the end

      > > where it says under EVENTS :

      > > "The biggest of these tournaments is a Crown Tournament, held every six

      > > months in most Kingdoms. At this event, the next king and queen are selected

      > > by tournament combat. Together with his or her consort, the winner becomes

      > > the next royalty at an event called Coronation."

      > > Since this is the West Kingdom, this statement is less correct than in

      > > other Kingdoms since we hold three Crown Tournaments per year. I realize it

      > > says "most Kingdoms" but a better statement would be to actually mention the

      > > three we hold. I suggest this statement be modified to say: "The biggest of

      > > these tournaments is a Crown Tournament, held two or three times a year in

      > > each Kingdom. At this event, the next king and queen are selected by

      > > tournament combat. Together with his or her consort, the winner becomes the

      > > next royalty at an event called Coronation."

      > > I realize this may seem pickey, but I am a Westerner after all, and that's

      > > where my heart lies.

      > > Of course if the content is edited into a shorter length, some if not all

      > > my suggested modifications may well never leave the cutting room floor.

      > > That's ok too. I wouldn't mind. I just offer these suggestions for

      > > consideration, if the original material content is desired to be kept.

      > > Other than that, I like the deft inclusion of the equestrian perspective.

      > > It gives it a more satisfying flavor that I appreciate.

      > > Thanks for drafting it.

      > > Henrik

      > > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      > > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Angela and David Belongie" <awnova@>

      > > wrote:

      > > > Morning folks!

      > > > I have been working on finding EQ sites up here in No. Ca. lately and was

      > > getting frustrated by my sometimes not-so-elequent description attempts for

      > > what we do. This led to my looking for an intro doc for landowners/managers

      > > of sites we are interested in. I found one but it said nothing about the EQ

      > > stuff. So I took that one and significantly modified it hoping to make it

      > > user friendly.

      > > > I have posted it to the files section as "SCA and EQ info for owners

      > > draft" in pdf form. PLEASE take a look and send me any comments you have on

      > > it's usability. PLEASE?

      > > > Morrighan

      > > This is not an official SCA email list.

      > > This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which

      > > replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply

      > > All" button which replys to all members of this list.

    • Angela and David Belongie
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2009
        Oy, you'll have to try a lot harder than that to offend me! I am not nearly that thin-skinned. No worries. :-D
        Morrighan