Re: [AREevent] Class schedule modifications & updated horses for 3/7 event

  • Delirium
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
      Check the web site for the latest class updates.  Any changes post here.

      LW

      To Steed! To Steed!

      -- Lady Zinaida Or’Shinaia

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
        Hi all,

        Please don't hate me, looks like I'll have to bag on this, as I'm concerned about the footing at Bolado Park. If it's hard and dry, no problem, but I suspect that we're going to be dealing with serious mud on the track and in the arena -- not great for a lecture/demo on half-halts and collection.

        I have a show the following weekend, and I'm starting to turn into one of those ninnies with tendon hypochondria...

        arrrrgh,

        LvG

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
          I'll still be there, hairy yaks in tow.

          Any possibilities of putting the riding stuff in the area we normally
          use as parking lot? The footing out there is firm, but, actually
          it's probably less firm than normal mid-summer. As long as it isn't
          slick it should be fine for the transitions class and for the archery
          stuff.

          Alternately, Crystal can work on asphalt if that becomes a convenient
          way to set up for the mounted archery for archers class.

          Else

          --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, Laura Langford

          nancyreimers@..., "Angela and David Belongie" <awnova@...>, "Ariah"
          <griffin_hyla@...>, "Julianna Patty-3Moons" <la3luna@...>, "Luthold
          Greg" <gs_lutz@...>, corwyn@...

          AREevent@yahoogroups.com
          <gs_lutz@...>; Zinaida <deliriumskid@...>; corwyn@...

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
            Zinaida was going to do a site reconnaisance tomorrow or Thursday to see which area looked best to use footing-wise.  I will be heading up early Saturday morning early and daytripping as well, so probably won't be able to help with setup on Friday PM but will bring the flagging to delineate whichever area we land in.  There is also a gravel road area under the trees that had decent footing at one event where the arena was soup, but again, we will have to play it by ear.

            I promise we will not be doing any classes in the tendon-endangering-soup-footing, so please don't bag entirely until we hear back (gotta start with slower gait half halts, right Laurentia?)  Anyway, just trying to stay upbeat in theface of the downpour today...

            ;-), Marguerite

            <laura.langford@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,
            >
            > Please don't hate me, looks like I'll have to bag on this, as I'm
            concerned about the footing at Bolado Park. If it's hard and dry, no
            problem, but I suspect that we're going to be dealing with serious
            mud on the track and in the arena -- not great for a lecture/demo on
            half-halts and collection.

            > I have a show the following weekend, and I'm starting to turn into
            one of those ninnies with tendon hypochondria...

            > arrrrgh,
            >
            > LvG

            ------------------------------------

            This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               mailto:WestKingdomEQ-digest@yahoogroups.com
               mailto:WestKingdomEQ-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

               http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Patti L.
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
              Laura,

              Very understandable! I've never known you to be hyperparanoid about your mare, just cautious! And rightly so.

              With all this rain even I am a bit worried that the site will be soupy - I hope for a few sunny days to dry it all out. Please be careful.

              YIS,

              Juliana

              Patti L.
              3Moons Farm