Horses at West/An Tir war... Interested?

  • Troy Griffith
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      So my lady and I took a day and made the trip over to the coast
      yesterday to have a look at the An Tir/West war site with a eye toward
      having horse activities their this year and what do you think we
      found? ;>

      We were shown a very nice spot, over near where the archery is planned
      this year, which would be quite suitable for equestrian use. The area
      has good footing on level ground and is large enough enable us to park
      trailers right there. If folk wanted to bring panels or some other
      form of temporary enclosure they could set up right next to the
      equestrian field. For those who don't have access to this sort of
      temporary set up, the land owners have said they will clear out their
      barn and make stalls available.

      I have a commitment from five riders who have said they would bring
      horses if there were going to be equestrian activities, but before I
      propose this to the event stewards, I want to ask the horse
      communities from both kingdoms who else would be interested in
      bringing their mounts.

      The site owners and the local SCA folk are very supportive of the idea
      and are willing to do the work required to prepare the site for our
      needs.

      So with all this in mind the question to be asked isÂ… "If they build
      it, will you come?" Aside from the five I know of, who among you would
      want to help make equestrian activities part of the A&W war by
      bringing horses, if these nice people make it ready for us?

      Please spread the word and point people with question, suggestions or
      comments in my direction.

      Thank you for your time,
      Sir William Brannan
    • la3luna
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2009
        Greetings!

        If all goes well ... yes, I'd like to bring horses up there. Quite a
        pretty site. Great riding.

        YIS,

        Juliana