Pertinent topic for today...
- In the spirit of these discussion items I have one... considering that
2008 is mere hours from being over and 2009 is just ahead. What are
your horse/SCA related goals or resolutions for this year? Can be
horse or SCA or both, but both would be most relevant!
Here are mine:
1) Start my coming four year old filly this spring, put many trail
miles on her and take her to as many activities as I can for exposure.
2) Focus on strengthening my older mares' back and on lengthening her
stride while trotting (she just insists that she is short so the choppy
pony stride should be just fine mom!!! geez!).
3) Install some more gates and permanent fencing on the property and
work on getting lights installed over the arena.
4) Develop a fun mounted archery course in the pasture.
5) Develop a clear, understandable and interesting mounted archery
6) See about iviting the mounted archery clinic folks from Oregon down
7) Repair/Make/Reconstruct all those pieces and parts of our encampment
that I wrote on my list of things to do back in '06 and never did
7) Take another Wendy Murdoch clinic later in the spring to aid my seat.
8) Help a youngish horse with no prospects/no training from a
struggling owner to train and rehome.
How about y'all???
- --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Angela and David Belongie"
> In the spirit of these discussion items I have one... considering
> 2008 is mere hours from being over and 2009 is just ahead. What areOn the subject of plans for the new year
> your horse/SCA related goals or resolutions for this year? Can be
> horse or SCA or both, but both would be most relevant!
1. Continue Orion's (Coming 5 Friesian Cross) training with focus
on improving his strength and agility only with continuing his "hands
free" riding training.
2. Start Khalisto (7 year old Arabian) on her warhorse training
in preparation for her to take over as my Lady's primary mount.
3. Keep Trask (23 year old Arabian) in condition and available as
a backup mount and as a training mount to teach other riders. Make
sure he is also available as a second for Jousting, Crest and Mounted
combat as not everyone who might want to learn those in my area have
4. Start Raffona (8 year old Arabian) on her mounted gaming
training. Probably not a combat mount, but she should make a good
general gaming horse.
1. Get my Senior Marshal paperwork finalized as early in the year
2. Take on the responsibilities of Summits Equestrian Marshal,
assuming they want me. ;>
3. Hold monthly workshops, both locally and traveling to other
areas of the Principality, for mounted gaming and all things SCA on
4. Add authorizations for Jousting and Mounted Combat.
5. Autocrat the Hocktide Emprise in April.
6. Travel to as many events in An Tir and the West as I can
afford and manage, but certainly to September Crown to compete in the
Kingdom Equestrian Championship.