Pertinent topic for today...

  • Angela and David Belongie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2008
      In the spirit of these discussion items I have one... considering that
      2008 is mere hours from being over and 2009 is just ahead. What are
      your horse/SCA related goals or resolutions for this year? Can be
      horse or SCA or both, but both would be most relevant!

      Here are mine:
      Horse
      1) Start my coming four year old filly this spring, put many trail
      miles on her and take her to as many activities as I can for exposure.
      2) Focus on strengthening my older mares' back and on lengthening her
      stride while trotting (she just insists that she is short so the choppy
      pony stride should be just fine mom!!! geez!).
      3) Install some more gates and permanent fencing on the property and
      work on getting lights installed over the arena.
      Both
      4) Develop a fun mounted archery course in the pasture.
      5) Develop a clear, understandable and interesting mounted archery
      teaching course.
      6) See about iviting the mounted archery clinic folks from Oregon down
      our way.
      SCA
      7) Repair/Make/Reconstruct all those pieces and parts of our encampment
      that I wrote on my list of things to do back in '06 and never did
      anything about!
      Me
      7) Take another Wendy Murdoch clinic later in the spring to aid my seat.
      8) Help a youngish horse with no prospects/no training from a
      struggling owner to train and rehome.

      How about y'all???
      Morrighan
    • Troy Griffith
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2009
        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Angela and David Belongie"
        <awnova@...> wrote:

        > In the spirit of these discussion items I have one... considering
        that
        > 2008 is mere hours from being over and 2009 is just ahead. What are
        > your horse/SCA related goals or resolutions for this year? Can be
        > horse or SCA or both, but both would be most relevant!

        On the subject of plans for the new yearÂ…

        Horses:

        1. Continue Orion's (Coming 5 Friesian Cross) training with focus
        on improving his strength and agility only with continuing his "hands
        free" riding training.

        2. Start Khalisto (7 year old Arabian) on her warhorse training
        in preparation for her to take over as my Lady's primary mount.

        3. Keep Trask (23 year old Arabian) in condition and available as
        a backup mount and as a training mount to teach other riders. Make
        sure he is also available as a second for Jousting, Crest and Mounted
        combat as not everyone who might want to learn those in my area have
        suitable horses.

        4. Start Raffona (8 year old Arabian) on her mounted gaming
        training. Probably not a combat mount, but she should make a good
        general gaming horse.

        SCA:

        1. Get my Senior Marshal paperwork finalized as early in the year
        as possible.

        2. Take on the responsibilities of Summits Equestrian Marshal,
        assuming they want me. ;>

        3. Hold monthly workshops, both locally and traveling to other
        areas of the Principality, for mounted gaming and all things SCA on
        horseback.

        4. Add authorizations for Jousting and Mounted Combat.

        5. Autocrat the Hocktide Emprise in April.

        6. Travel to as many events in An Tir and the West as I can
        afford and manage, but certainly to September Crown to compete in the
        Kingdom Equestrian Championship.