topic - authorizing in crest combat or mounted combat

  • dkarp@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2008
      Currently, the "unwritten' system has been that you must authorize in crest combat before authorizing in mounted combat. They can happen one right after the other in the same authorizing event. The point was that you needed to show control over horse and weapon with good targeting in the limited target zone of CC before going to MC.

      Please list what you think someone should have to demonstrate to be authorized for crest combat

      What should someone have to demonstrate to be authorized for Mounted combat?

      Am I the Siobhan you're looking for?
    • Else Hunrvogt
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28, 2008
        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, dkarp@... wrote:

        > Currently, the "unwritten' system has been that you must authorize
        in crest combat before authorizing in mounted combat. They can
        happen one right after the other in the same authorizing event. The
        point was that you needed to show control over horse and weapon with
        good targeting in the limited target zone of CC before going to MC.

        > Please list what you think someone should have to demonstrate to be
        authorized for crest combat

        > What should someone have to demonstrate to be authorized for
        Mounted combat?

        Crest Combat

        Knowledge of and compliance with the weapons and armor requirements.
        The ability to avoid unintended targets while in motion.
        Willingness to be struck.
        Demonstrated ability to control the horse while engaging in the above.

        Mounted Combat
        Knowledge of and compliance with the weapons and armor requirements.
        The ability to avoid unintended targets while in motion.
        The ability to throw and to recognize a telling blow while in motion.
        Willingness to be struck.
        The ability to control the horse while engaging in the above.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
          Just catching up on stuff after being away for the holidays....Else's list looks pretty complete.  I'd say that crest combat requires a lot less willingness to be struck than MC, since the crest is the only legal target....but there still has to be that willingness for an accidental blow with a boffer (oh, horrors ;-)
          -Marguerite

          On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Else Hunrvogt <nancyreimers@...> wrote:
          --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, dkarp@... wrote:

          > Currently, the "unwritten' system has been that you must authorize
          in crest combat before authorizing in mounted combat.  They can
          happen one right after the other in the same authorizing event.  The
          point was that you needed to show control over horse and weapon with
          good targeting in the limited target zone of CC before going to MC.

          > Please list what you think someone should have to demonstrate to be
          authorized for crest combat

          > What should someone have to demonstrate to be authorized for
          Mounted combat?

          Crest Combat

          Knowledge of and compliance with the weapons and armor requirements.
          The ability to avoid unintended targets while in motion.
          Willingness to be struck.
          Demonstrated ability to control the horse while engaging in the above.

          Mounted Combat
          Knowledge of and compliance with the weapons and armor requirements.
          The ability to avoid unintended targets while in motion.
          The ability to throw and to recognize a telling blow while in motion.
          Willingness to be struck.
          The ability to control the horse while engaging in the above.

          This email list is set up to make use of both the "Reply" button which replys directly to, and only to, the sender of that email; and the "Reply All" button which replys to all members of this list.

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)