Workshop Last Weekend in Southern Oregon

  • Troy Griffith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2008
      Just an update for those who might be interested...

      We had our first unofficial Warhorse Workshop this last weeked in
      Murphy Oregon, (Just outside of Grants Pass)

      We had 7 riders on 7 horses. Only 2 of which had ever done any of this
      before.

      We did Quintain, Rings, Reeds, Heads, Javelin and Archery.

      Number of uplanned dismounts - 0

      Some Video and Photos can be found at www.troygriffith.com/warhorse

      Comments and suggestions are welcome.

      Sir William Brannan
      AKA Troy Griffith
    • Laura Langford
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
        Hey, what kind of bridle do you have on your horse? Never seen one
        quite like it. And what kind of bit? Looks like a Baucher.

        Nice looking fella, by the way, and very calm about everything! :)

        LvG

        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Griffith" <Troy@...> wrote:

        > Just an update for those who might be interested...
        >
        > We had our first unofficial Warhorse Workshop this last weeked in
        > Murphy Oregon, (Just outside of Grants Pass)
        >
        > We had 7 riders on 7 horses. Only 2 of which had ever done any of this
        > before.
        >
        > We did Quintain, Rings, Reeds, Heads, Javelin and Archery.
        >
        > Number of uplanned dismounts - 0
        >
        > Some Video and Photos can be found at www.troygriffith.com/warhorse
        >
        > Comments and suggestions are welcome.
        >
        > Sir William Brannan
        > AKA Troy Griffith

      • Troy Griffith
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008

          Thanks for the comments about Orion. He is indeed nice guy and very calm for a 4 year old. I can’t wait until he gets a few more years on him.

          The bridle is a an Australian bridle/halter combination headstall. Very secure and I think rather attractive.

          The bit is a tom thumb western snaffle with a curb chain.  The combination allows for a gentle but effective way for me to get the headset and collection I want.

          We will be at Acorn War next weekend. If you are going to be there, be sure to come meet Orion and I will show you the tack.

          Sir William Brannan

          Hey, what kind of bridle do you have on your horse? Never seen one
          quite like it. And what kind of bit? Looks like a Baucher.

          Nice looking fella, by the way, and very calm about everything! :)

          LvG

          --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Griffith" <Troy@...> wrote:

          > Just an update for those who might be interested...
          >
          > We had our first unofficial Warhorse Workshop this last weeked in
          > Murphy Oregon, (Just outside of Grants Pass)
          >
          > We had 7 riders on 7 horses. Only 2 of which had ever done any of this
          > before.
          >
          > We did Quintain, Rings, Reeds, Heads, Javelin and Archery.
          >
          > Number of uplanned dismounts - 0
          >
          > Some Video and Photos can be found at www.troygriffith.com/warhorse
          >
          > Comments and suggestions are welcome.
          >
          > Sir William Brannan
          > AKA Troy Griffith

        • Laura Langford
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2008
            Seems I could have picked out a Tom Thumb, how I 'saw' a Baucher is
            beyond me. Must be the headstall attachment. Interesting bridle, looks
            like it works off poll pressure.

            Sadly, no SCA stuff until after The Last of This Year's Dressage Crap.

            Eventually, I'll figure out the best 'system' (bridle, saddle, cueing)
            for Games, but right now I feel very "green horse/green rider." In our
            other life, Pauly and I are at that critical 2nd Level juncture where
            submission/collection is everything, so we're going to have to get
            through the last of those discussions before I start throwing more
            training curve balls at her.

            If I get a chance to head up to An Tir, I'll definitely stop by!

            LvG

            --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Troy Griffith" <Troy@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the comments about Orion. He is indeed nice guy and very
            calm for
            > a 4 year old. I can't wait until he gets a few more years on him.
            >
            > The bridle is a an Australian bridle/halter combination headstall. Very
            > secure and I think rather attractive.
            >
            > The bit is a tom thumb western snaffle with a curb chain. The
            combination
            > allows for a gentle but effective way for me to get the headset and
            > collection I want.
            >
            > We will be at Acorn War next weekend. If you are going to be there,
            be sure
            > to come meet Orion and I will show you the tack.
            >

            > Sir William Brannan

            9/2/2008