golden rivers practice

  • tala_foxgypsy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2008
      Is there still a practice at Elkhorn on Sunday? At june crown I had a
      few people ask about getting into equestian arts. Most of them fighters
      and some that have never riden before. I was thinking of inviting them
      and maybe spending the day talking about groundwork and safety with
      them, would this be alright?

      Suggestions?
      ~Sora
    • dkarp@hughes.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2008

        Am I the Siobhan you're looking for?

        Sounds like a grand idea.  Connor and I will be here with ponies and teaching mounted combat.  Julianna will be teaching jousting
      • bulotki@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2008
          Yes -- Golden Rivers practice is this Sunday, July 20th, starting at 11:00 am at Elkhorn Equestrian Center (1905 Elkhorn Blvd. in Rio Linda) The focus of this practice is getting ready for Special Combat Authorizations.

          Please bring your friends and carpool if possible,  They will need to sign both the SCA and barn waivers.  It would be great if you can help explain what we're doing and how to be safe around horses.

          Remember to bring a hat, sunscreen, water, a chair and anything else you need for your comfort.  Some equipment will be available to loan, but if you have foam swords, a fencing mask with crest  & attachment, or jousting gear it would be helpful to bring it.  Practices aren't usually in garb, but wear what you are comfortable wearing.

          If you don't see us at the arena adjacent to Elkhorn Blvd. we're probably at the larger one in the back.

          See you Sunday!

          Gwen
          Golden River EQ Marshal
          916-397-9850