Re: [WestKingdomEQ] Re: Potential horse activities site in N. Ca. interested?

  • dkarp@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 9, 2008
      In the past, we have said that using a private horse equaled dontating money for gas/stalls/feed and/or helping care for the horse at the event.  The ability to borrow had to be contracted before money was dontated.
      SnS
      Am I the Siobhan you're looking for?

      . Perhaps generating an
      > unofficial fund ( perhaps like the West Kingdom Welcomming Committee
      > has done)to provide finaicial support to horse owners who bring stock
      > to events, might be worth considering. I'm willing to donate some
      > financial support for such an enterprise.

      I like the concept of a donation box to help out with fuel/stabling
      expenses.  Especially as it would give me somewhere to send those who
      have offered to donate money towards the pony.  However, I do think
      some clear guidelines would need to be set up.  Personally I don't mind
      loaning my horse out to people I know.  I would however be leary of a
      situation where Joe Q populace feels like they've payed for the right
      to a carriage ride.

      Else

    • Laura Langford
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 9, 2008
        I'd be down with that. Especially in November; things will stop being
        silly in Dressage Land by then... The facility sounds great! Will
        check it out.

        LvG
        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Angela and David Belongie"