LAST CALL - INVITE: Day On The Trail -May 17, 2008

  • Michael Canfield
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2008

      NOTE: Due to a nasty bug on the PC some of the RsVP's were lost. If you have already RSVP'd PLEASE DO
      SO AGAIN ASAP! We are trying to plan out crash/resting space for folks and their horses and plans for the BBQ after the ride. Please contact Richard at dcamville@...
      Details fo the ride are below.

      Day on the Trail

      Saturday May 17, 2008

      (Rain Day of May 31, 2008 if needed)

      Cool, CA. (Mountain’s Gate)

      Meeting time 10:00AM

      On the trail by 11:00AM

      Contact: Richard de Camville (Michael Canfield) 530-885-8820 or dcamville@...

      Greetings West Kingdom Equestrians and Enthusiasts!

      The is NOT and official SCA event! We want to be clear on this. See below for more details (grin)!

      You are invited to bring your mounts and join us as we explore some of the beautiful trails of Cynagua and the northeastern part of the West Kingdom. This is NOT an official SCA event, just a simple gathering of “Equestrian Enthusiasts” getting together for a great trail ride! Please come and join the fun! (Sorry no rentals…you must provide your own horse or make arrangements to be loaned one). Mundane clothes and gear are suggested...but you an use your best judgement on that (grin)!

      The trail head is behind the fire station in Cool California near the junction of Highway 49 and Highway 193. There is ample trailer parking if you arrive no later than 10:30AM. It is a little tight by 11:00 but not bad. The trails have mixed terrain, water crossings, hills, wildlife and other “not in an arena” conditions. Please make sure your horse, your gear and you are prepared for a few hours of saddle time! The rises and trails in the area are fairly mellow but can tax a less than conditioned horse/rider team if they are not prepared. There is a convenience store/gas station and Cool Tack and Feed Store within 100 yards of the trail head. A full grocery store is just across the street.

      After the trail ride you are invited to a Pot Luck BBQ at Chateau de Camville (home of Richard and Elisabeth) which is about 4 miles from the trail head. For those traveling in from afar we have crash space for horses and people at Chateau de Camville and Three Moons Farm (home of Gunther and Juliana-which is also about four miles from the trail head). If you NEED CRASH SPACE FOR YOU and YOUR MOUNTS (pasture space) PLEASE CONTACT RICHARD BY NO LATER THAN MAY 10, 2008! We can hold up to  four at our place. I am sure Juliana will also chime in with what they can do at 3 Moon Farms. This will be done on a first come, first served basis. Bring a side dish or something for the grill to share. This is also a BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverages) kind of thing although some non-adult beverages will be on hand.

      DIRECTIONS: Fastest way: Take your best route to Highway 80 and head towards Auburn. Take the Elm Street exit and head EAST (if you see a Savemart you have gone the wrong way). Make a LEFT at High Street. Stay on High Street at the next light to access Highway 49. The road is a bit curvy but is great repair. You will be going down hill for a few miles. At the bottom of the canyon you will cross the American Rive (stay on 40 towards Cool) and the road will make a RIGHT onto the bridge. Head up the canyon. The fire station and trail head access road in on the right hand side. If you pass the Valero station you have gone too far. Alternate Route. From Highway 50   From Hwy. 50 take the Ponderosa Rd. exit.. Head NORTH over the free way. At the traffic light make a RIGHT. This should be N. Shingle Road. This road will change names several times and become Lotus Road. The road T-Stops into Highway 49. Make a LEFT and head towards Cool. You will pass the junction of Hwy. 193. The fire station and access road will be on the left hand side just past the traffic light.

      We look forward to sharing the day with you!

      Happy Trails!

      RdC