M/C War Update

  • Lizabeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 15, 2008
      Hey All

      Here is a list of items for Equestrian for the M/C war.
      Eq Insurance is activated

      Notes : There are no stalls on site.
      The site does have 6 rig parking areas with high tie lines. (FCFS)
      There is plenty of area for portable corrals.
      We are planning on arriving on site Friday afternoon to set up.

      8-10 Morning Warm Ups
      Archery Practice
      Lance/Spear Practice

      10-11 Spear/Lance - Show off your ability!
      Lance or Spear target for max points

      11-12 Mounted Archery
      Hit 3 targets for max points.

      12-1 Lunch -

      Competition! - Best Horse Trick! - Bonus Score award for best horse
      trick! No, not a friend dressed as a horse!! Your horse, a friends
      horse... show off your horses skill!

      1-2 Take the Message! Save the Kingdom!
      Your king has urgent need of you to deliver a message.
      1. Someone is holding your horse, unsaddled near a mounting
      block.
      2. You need to run with messgage to horse, saddle if you
      need, bridle if you need, and ride course, drop off message, return.
      3. Score for best time, score for best ride
      2-3 Challenge Course
      To be shared at event.
      Best time scores, best ride score.

      3-4 Break

      Evening court High Point Winners.

      4-6 or 6-8 Evening Trail Ride

      More information to come. Special requests? Things you would like to
      try? Let me know!
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
        Hi all-
        Forgot to add that there will also be the procession to the war field
        followed by a cavalry charge, so the lance work in the morning will
        likely be going on while we are getting the royalty up & comfy in the
        saddle (about 9:30-10:00) and processing (about 10:00-10:30), then
        charging (safely!) across the battle field around with thundering
        hooves. :-) We are also hoping to do some quadrille as the schedule
        below allows.

        If you will be there but are not bringing a horse, PLEASE come to the
        EQ area and do groundcrew at the battlefield to help us ensure the
        safety of the procession, and help out with the logistics of boundary
        for the spectators and the inevitable pooper-scoping (most important
        PR job we have!!!)

        ;-), Marguerite
        EqMiC at M/C War

        > Delirium <deliriumskid@...> wrote:
        >

        > Hey All
        >
        > Here is a list of items for Equestrian for the M/C war.
        > Eq Insurance is activated
        >
        > Notes : There are no stalls on site.
        > The site does have 6 rig parking areas with high tie lines. (FCFS)
        > There is plenty of area for portable corrals.
        > We are planning on arriving on site Friday afternoon to set up.
        >

        > 8-10 Morning Warm Ups
        > Archery Practice
        > Lance/Spear Practice
        >
        > 10-11 Spear/Lance - Show off your ability!
        > Lance or Spear target for max points
        >
        > 11-12 Mounted Archery
        > Hit 3 targets for max points.
        >
        > 12-1 Lunch
        >
        > 1-2 Take the Message! Save the Kingdom!
        > Your king has urgent need of you to deliver a message.
        > 1. Someone is holding your horse, unsaddled near a mounting
        > block.
        > 2. You need to run with messgage to horse, saddle if you
        > need, bridle if you need, and
        > ride course, drop off message, return.
        > 3. Score for best time, score for best ride
        > 2-3 Challenge Course
        > To be shared at event.
        > Best time scores, best ride score.
        >
        > 3-4 Break
        >
        > Evening court High Point Winners.
        >
        > 4-6 or 6-8 Evening Trail Ride
        >
        > More information to come. Special requests? Things you would like to try?
        > Let me know!

      • Lizabeth
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2008
          I have uploaded a web site with info :

          http://deliriumskid.com/MCEQWAR1.html

          --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Rachael Keish" <rachaelo@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi all-
          > Forgot to add that there will also be the procession to the war
          field
          > followed by a cavalry charge, so the lance work in the morning will
          > likely be going on while we are getting the royalty up & comfy in
          the
          > saddle (about 9:30-10:00) and processing (about 10:00-10:30), then
          > charging (safely!) across the battle field around with thundering
          > hooves. :-) We are also hoping to do some quadrille as the schedule
          > below allows.
          >
          > If you will be there but are not bringing a horse, PLEASE come to
          the
          > EQ area and do groundcrew at the battlefield to help us ensure the
          > safety of the procession, and help out with the logistics of
          boundary
          > for the spectators and the inevitable pooper-scoping (most important
          > PR job we have!!!)
          >

          > ;-), Marguerite
          > EqMiC at M/C War
          >
          > > Delirium <deliriumskid@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > Hey All
          > >
          > > Here is a list of items for Equestrian for the M/C war.
          > > Eq Insurance is activated
          > >
          > > Notes : There are no stalls on site.
          > > The site does have 6 rig parking areas with high tie lines. (FCFS)
          > > There is plenty of area for portable corrals.
          > > We are planning on arriving on site Friday afternoon to set up.
          > >

          > > 8-10 Morning Warm Ups
          > > Archery Practice
          > > Lance/Spear Practice
          > >
          > > 10-11 Spear/Lance - Show off your ability!
          > > Lance or Spear target for max points
          > >
          > > 11-12 Mounted Archery
          > > Hit 3 targets for max points.
          > >
          > > 12-1 Lunch
          > >
          > > 1-2 Take the Message! Save the Kingdom!
          > > Your king has urgent need of you to deliver a
          message.
          > > 1. Someone is holding your horse, unsaddled near
          a mounting
          > > block.
          > > 2. You need to run with messgage to horse, saddle
          if you
          > > need, bridle if you need, and
          > > ride course, drop off message, return.
          > > 3. Score for best time, score for best ride
          > > 2-3 Challenge Course
          > > To be shared at event.
          > > Best time scores, best ride score.
          > >
          > > 3-4 Break
          > >
          > > Evening court High Point Winners.
          > >
          > > 4-6 or 6-8 Evening Trail Ride
          > >
          > > More information to come. Special requests? Things you would like
          to try?
          > > Let me know!

        • la3luna
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5 12:33 PM
            Hi,

            How are we looking for "basics" at this site?
            Potable water?
            Do we need hoses?
            Is there shade?
            How about power outlets for trailers or lights?
            Are we carting our poop offsite?
            How far away is horse camp from the War camp site.

            I had a few questions about the EQ games too.

            Lance game - Standard lance? Are we launching it at a distance or
            stabbing a target (to me, this makes a difference on lance-head types
            to use. I can't bring it all)

            I poked around the website and the park looks great! Curious about
            these few items though.

            YIS,

            Juliana
          • Patti L.