the day after equestrium

  • mark murphy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2008
      So, we arrived home about 11:30pm SAt night. As Connor said,it was a
      black as the inside of a cat.

      The last horse out of the trailer and into the pasture was Kazar.
      Just as Connor is reaching up to take off his halter, Stishion, the 3
      yr old, has been trying to challenge Kazar for a higher place in the
      herd lately. So,he comes up and trys to kick him. Connor sees it
      coming and moves out of the way but Kazar decides that towards Connor
      is the place to go, jumps and lands square on his right big toe.

      sigh..

      In addition, there was a big wind expected on Friday night after we
      left. While we remembered to latch the front door (gets blown open
      when it gusts to 50mph), we apparently did not completely close the
      tack room door and it got wrenched partly off its hinges. The hay cart
      was upside down by the hay barn too.

      Adventures.

      I am worn out. Decided that a 3 hour cross country hunt was just what
      the doctor ordered today after not enough sleep and being on a horse
      most of yesterday.. What was I thinking????? Cold, windy, etc. I am
      just fine until I get up and move around - stiff and sore. creak
      creak creak

      SnS