A Beautiful Period Wagon ...from the Oseberg Vikingship burial find - FYI

  • henrikofhavn
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
      An Illustration of the Wagon is here:

      http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
      202/Plate1small.jpg

      and an English descriptive text accompanying the Wagon is here:

      http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
      202/Plate1small.jpg

      and here:

      http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
      202/pg308sm.jpg

      and here:

      http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
      202/pg309sm.jpg

      and finally here:

      http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
      202/pg310sm.jpg

      I was reminded of seeing this by Else's cart at Equestrium.

      Henrik

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Else Hunrvogt"
      <nancyreimers@...> wrote:

      > Quick question - did you really mean to require drivers to be
      > authorized riders?
      >
      > Else
      >
      > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, bulotki@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Senior Marshals:
      > >
      > > We will be using a new form to complete riding?authorizations.? A
      > DRAFT of the form in a Word doc file?is available in the files
      > section of the group.? If you can't get to the files section, email
      > me or come to the authorization class at Equestrium.
      > >
      > > A Sample Riding Authorization Process and Instructions for
      Marshals
      > are on the form.? Be sure to include a single signature waiver for
      > each rider you authorize.? Send the form and waiver to me and issue
      > an authorization card to the rider/driver.? I plan to add processes
      > for Driving and other Special Authorizations as they are
      developed.?
      > If you have special concerns for these types of authorizations,
      let's
      > discuss and get the processes working.? I've received some sample
      > questions to discuss with authorizing individuals that are included
      > in the checklists on the forms. I would like to get your feedback.
      > >
      > > Yours in Service,
      > >
      > > Gwen
      > > KEO

    • henrikofhavn
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
        Note, be sure to paste the whole address to get the page to come up,
        if it doesn't do so by itself.

        Henrik

        --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "henrikofhavn" <henriksd5@...>
        wrote:

        > An Illustration of the Wagon is here:

        http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
        > 202/Plate1small.jpg
        >

        > and an English descriptive text accompanying the Wagon is here:

        http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
        202/pg307sm.jpg

        > and here:

        http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
        > 202/pg308sm.jpg
        >
        > and here:

        http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
        > 202/pg309sm.jpg
        >
        > and finally here:

        http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Castlegrounds/Oseberg/Volume%
        > 202/pg310sm.jpg
        >
        > I was reminded of seeing this by Else's cart at Equestrium.
        >
        > Henrik

        > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Else Hunrvogt"
        > <nancyreimers@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Quick question - did you really mean to require drivers to be
        > > authorized riders?
        > >
        > > Else
        > >
        > > --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, bulotki@ wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Senior Marshals:
        > > >
        > > > We will be using a new form to complete riding?authorizations.?
        > > DRAFT of the form in a Word doc file?is available in the files
        > > section of the group.? If you can't get to the files section,
        email
        > > me or come to the authorization class at Equestrium.
        > > >
        > > > A Sample Riding Authorization Process and Instructions for
        > Marshals
        > > are on the form.? Be sure to include a single signature waiver
        for
        > > each rider you authorize.? Send the form and waiver to me and
        issue
        > > an authorization card to the rider/driver.? I plan to add
        processes
        > > for Driving and other Special Authorizations as they are
        > developed.?
        > > If you have special concerns for these types of authorizations,
        > let's
        > > discuss and get the processes working.? I've received some sample
        > > questions to discuss with authorizing individuals that are
        included
        > > in the checklists on the forms. I would like to get your feedback.
        > > >
        > > > Yours in Service,
        > > >
        > > > Gwen
        > > > KEO

      • Else Hunrvogt
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2008
          More Viking horse-drawn vehicle links - including reproductions:

          Viking Sled Reconstruction
          A reconstruction of the 9th century Viking horse sled/sleigh found in
          the Oseberg Ship Grave
          http://www.geocities.com/vikingsledproject/

          9th Century Viking Wagon
          You have to dig around this website to find the information about the
          history of the Nordic draft harness
          http://home.online.no/~hebden/carriagehistor/

          Alfric Rolfson's Viking Wagon Model
          http://www.houndsofcaid.org/pages/carting/canine_cart.html

          Detailed Photos Of Oseberg Wagon
          This web page contains close up photographs of the Oseberg wagon
          http://www.drakt.org/Viking/Wagon.html

          Herding Horses in pre-christian Scandinavia
          Herding horses: a model of prehistoric horsemanship in Scandinavia –
          and elsewhere?
          http://www.isvroma.org/pecus/sundkvist.pdf

          Oseberg Wagon Diagram and Details
          http://www.houndsofcaid.org/pages/carting/viking_cart.html

          Osebergfundet Archaeology Reports
          English Sections from the original Oseberg ship burial Archaeology
          Reports
          http://www.geocities.com/bmatney2000/Osebergfundet.html

          Viking Navy Museum
          Website with pics of the Oseberg Wagon