Re: Classes at Equestrium - Cattle Call

  • Angela and David Belongie
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
      Dafydd and I intend to bring the mounted archery gear and will teach
      a class on preparing yourself and your horse. For those that have
      already desensitized their horses for mounted archery Gwen plans to
      arrange auths after our class.
      Morrighan

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Patti @ 3Moons Farm"
      <la3luna@...> wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > First off, thank you all for your help with Equestrium. If you
      have considered teaching a class but have not yet let me know,
      please do so ASAP. I'd like to get the class page up and running.
      So far this is what I have from a few of you.

      > Instruction
      >
      > Else - Driving.
      > Richard and Elisabeth - Horse 101 Horse 102
      > Gwen - Sr Eq Marshals Class- New Auth Process
      > Siobhan - Jumping introduction class. (HELMETS!)
      > Laurentia - Dressage - Understanding leads to better functioning
      in the EQ games
      > Morrighan and Dafvydd - MAYBE - Archery
      > Juliana - Jousting at the Quintain – History, tools and practice
      > Scott – Leather care class. (Unconfirmed)
      >
      > We will most likely have Archery Authorizations (Gwen). You need
      to be familiar with the equipment.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
        >>If you have considered teaching a class but have not yet let me
        know, please do so ASAP. <<
        Um, did you see my post to the list from a few days ago? I could teach
        any one of many classes - Gwen said she'd be interested in the
        overview of Period EQ games class, and I'm happy to offer that since
        it looks like the most interest is there (and if you need more
        classes/tracks for the day - I'm not sure how you are structuring
        them).

        Also, I talked to Laurentia this afternoon and she was hoping to do a
        combined class together, with the dressage/carousel as one time period
        (or maybe two - again -not sure how you are structuring the tracks
        unmounted/mounted or Beg/Int/Adv, etc). We talked about starting out
        on foot with the handout, then getting mounted and learning dressage
        basics, then hopefully starting some figures as a group by the end of
        the class (aiming for 1/4 on the ground to cover the
        sources/maneuvers, then 3/4 mounted hitting the dressage stuff and
        really practicing the figures).

        Please let me know what I should plan to teach!

        Thanks,
        Marguerite