ping - horses at upcomming events

  • autumncollett
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2002
      Just making sure that this list is still active as I wasn't sure if
      Yahoo had shut it down, and I have only just been able to get access
      to it again.

      Anyhow there is talk of horses at several of the upcomming events, and
      I wanted to make sure that people could talk on this list if they
      wanted to.

      -- Collett
    • Rachael O'Brien
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2002
        Hello all-
        I know we've been quiet for a while, but there are TWO events coming up with
        horses!

        But first...

        HOW TO GET YOUR AUTHORIZATION CARDS: Email Krysta MacIntyre at
        fighterdata@..., and cc: Her Excellency Elina of Beckenham (Lady of
        the Mists) with you name, address, phone number, email address, andthe level
        you authorozed to (Beginning = walk, Intermediate - trot, Advanced =
        canter/lope). I believe there were 6 of us that were authorized that day,
        and I got my card at Coronet.

        The first is Mits Investiture at Bort Meadows Saturday AND Sunday May 11 &
        12th. On Saturday we will be authorizing people & running Equestrian games
        for those of us who are authorized, and Sunday will be just equestrian
        games.

        The second event is June Crown - see the Page copy for details!

      • Rachael O'Brien
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2002
          Hi all-
          Sorry, I forgot to mention that based on the Page copy (the June Crown site
          is a working ranch) the June Crown horses look like they're western. I'll
          let you know what I hear from Elina on western vs. english at Investiture.

          I'd suggest that we all go to the SCA west website, Marshallate, Equestrian
          at http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/equestrian/index.html and
          print the equestrian handbook so we are all familiar with rules such as the
          one Elina mentions below. I could only get pages 1 to 19 to print, so I
          emailed Iseult to ask where pages 20-72 are.

          In addition, the Interkingdom Equestrian Competition webpage at
          http://scaikeqc.homestead.com/introduction.html has good information on the
          Eq. games and requirements.

          Also about the games, Elina said:
          >>Let us clarify this a bit. Saturday we will be doing authorizations and
          >>for those who were previously authorized we will run the games for
          them. Those who authorized that day will be able to run the course, but not
          for time as the rules say you can not run the course for time the same day
          you authorize on it.

          On Sunday, we will run the games.

          Elina <<

          Will many of you be attending Investiture?

          :-), Margierite