RE: [WestKingdomEQ] Parelli Training

  • Kathleen LaBrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2000
      Hi All,
      I took a couple of months of Parelli ground work training lessons back in the spring.  I found it useful and I really enjoyed it.  It is especially helpful if you have "authority issues" with horses and I think working through the levels can give a horse owner focus (especially a new owner suffering from "now I have the horse, what do I do with it).  Pat Parelli's rise to guru status by some people in the horse world kind of turns me off, but hey, I give the guy credit for putting the information together and introducing it to people who might otherwise have missed it.  Anything that makes owners/riders more aware of the interactions which occur between themselves and their horses and works to build a good relationship gets a plus from me.  I have his book, along with a couple of other natural horsemanship books and I believe I have his 7 Games video also if anyone is interested.
      If you choose to give it a try, keep us posted with your results!
      Kath