Re: Training Ponies

  • Lizabeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8 9:35 AM
      LOL!~

      So in that line yesterday I am piddling around with my colt down at
      the stables ( I have some horses at my place, and some horses down at
      the local barn).

      A lady who is really nice walks up and and says as she passing me...

      "Ohh look at my horse he is happy to see me and is waiting for me"..

      Her horse was standing at his gate, whinning and looking excited to
      see her.

      So me, popping her bubble say, "well it must be feeding time"..

      She said " Oh no, he has his food, he is just very happy to see me,
      see how much he loves me!!"..

      Now, I feel a pang of the green devil because no way in gods green
      earth would Phooka ever leave his feed to come head butt me...

      So, being the statistical engineer I am say.. " Are you sure he has
      food?"...

      So she trots over to her stall knowing in her glory that her horse
      loves her and my horses think of me as poop rake with hay.. and guess
      what...

      No food...

      Moral of the Story is...

      While a dog may pine away at your grave... a horse will only
      fertilize it...

      As far as time spent... When the horses are turned out in my paddock,
      they get pats, fly spray and verification that they are upright.
      Since I am still colt starting I shuffle them between stalls at the
      local barn and my place. So the horses down at the barn get all the
      attention and the ones in pasture get.. well they get fed darn it!

      Lady Zinaida Or'Shinaia!

      --- In WestKingdomEQ@yahoogroups.com, "Else Hunrvogt"