Horses in Need - they might do well for SCA Equestrian events

  • Nicole Winovich
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      I apologize for those who may have seen a similar posting on SCAWest Yahoo Group!

      CBER is a rescue that advertises horses from a feedlot and gets them rescued so they are not slaughtered. Hopefully with the new bill pasted about horse slaughter, this rescue will have to go elsewhere! :0)

      While I realize draft horses were not used as mounts "back in the day", some of these draft crosses appear to be percheron crosses... similar to some of the sport horses that are popping up now.

      Age: 3-4 approx Height: 16.1hh approx Weight:
      Gender: Gelding Primary Color: black Secondary Color:
      Type: Riding Breed: Percheron Cross Registration:
      Condition: Temperament: Training:

      3 - 4 year old, 16.1h, Percheron cross gelding. This gelding is very
      friendly but not halter broke. He is flashy and correct, a little on
      the slight build for a draft. Not sure of the cross but possible Perch,
      TB cross. This gentle youngster wants to trust, he was sound at time of
      assessment. With training who knows what this horse can do!

      http://www.columbiabasinequinerescue.org/DEF-HorsesProfile.asp?
      HoID=708

      Ciao!
      Isabella (Nicole Winovich)
      Principality of the Mists, Barony of Darkwood, Canton Caer Darth

      ***Please note that I am not attached to CBER but my mom and I feel that the SCA may be an outlet for some potentially awesome horses.

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.