Profiles

  • Trish Blazina
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2000
      Hello everybody-Cyneswith here.

      Collette recently approached me to join the EQ group
      and I am very happy and excited to do so. I was
      fortunate enough to take some riding lessons from
      Collette a few years back and found her to be a
      wonderful instructor and a sincerely nice person.

      I know quite a few of the other names on this list
      already, but look forward to meeting the rest of you
      soon (or I might already know you and just not
      recognize your name-I'm really bad aobut
      that...sorry).

      I have some previous experience with horses, but most
      of it is from my childhood, which is longer ago than I
      care to admit. I spent a lot of summers on my
      Grandpa's spread in Minnesota riding my aunt's Quarter
      Horses and Arabians. I learned basic Western-style
      riding from her. I also spent some time riding in Utah
      when I lived there as a pre-teen where I traded some
      riding time at the local stable for my manual labor
      (schlepping out stalls-eewww). I am excited about
      reawakening those old memories by returning to my old
      sport with my new friends.

      With Collette's permission, I've also asked (my guy)
      Sir Thorfinn to join me in this endeavor. Thorfinn's
      horse experience is pretty far in his past too. When
      he was a child he actually had his own horse, but he
      hasn't done any riding in recent years to my
      knowledge.

      OK, now I need a small favor. I accidently deleted one
      EQ post - I think it was from a gentleman named Justin
      (though I could be mistaken)about a riding center in
      South San Jose where he was taking classes??? I would
      like to look into signing myself and Thorfinn up for
      some lessons there, but need the contact info again.
      Help?

      Thanks heaps. See you all soon.

      Cyneswith (aka Trish)

      http://im.yahoo.com/
    • Evaine ni MacGreger
      Message 2 of 4 , May 22, 2002
        > So, I have a request. Please, tell everyone on the list
        > who you are, any important information about you and
        > SCA (So, how long have you been in, were you
        > always a Westie, etc.), and the even more important
        > information of your horse history.

        Greetings :-)

        I'm Evaine ni MacGreger, I currently live in San Jose and play with Bella
        Luna Caravan. I moved here from the East (Glenn Linn) and prior to that was
        in Atlantia. I've been in the SCA for about 14 years. In the East I was
        responsible for autocratting events with Equestrian games in them, and it
        was a blast - it was also something that was pretty much expected at Kingdom
        level events - I'd love to see that happen here.

        I've been riding horses since I was about 4 - seriously since I was about
        13. I was trained on an English saddle, though as a non-horse-owner, I've
        learned to ride Western over the years.

        YIS;

        Evaine
        evaine@...