North Bay lessons

  • gizzell2003 <Gizzell@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hi All...

      Good news and bad news about Group lessons in the North Bay. The Gal
      at Eagle's Nest Ranch is unable to book a group in the evenings or
      weekends thru the months of Feb. and March.

      Therefore I am going to set something up with Sunset Riding Academy
      in Sunol. We can get around the groundwork class if the people who
      are interested ALREADY KNOW HOW TO TACK AND GROOM A HORSE. I am
      willing to instruct anyone who is interested on an evening or weekend
      with our own horses and at the ground work class we will be doing in
      lieu of Collegium this month on 2/16/03. Please contact me if you
      would like to arrange an evening or weekd lesson. Groups run $40/
      person or $150 for 4 people. Most of what they do is lessons, Helmets
      required, but they can provide them. I'm going to try to set up a
      lesson for the week of Feb 10, or Feb 17th in the evening initially.

      Another alternative for those interested is Foxridge Farms in Oakland
      on Redwood Rd. I have not been here to check it out yet as life
      happened last weekend. If anyone has had any problems here PLEASE let
      me know. They do not have a groundwork class requirement. The 1st
      lesson the horses would already be tacked so the trainer can get a
      feel for where everyone is, then in the second and 3rd lessons get
      into the grooming and tacking more. Again lessons are $40/ person.
      Wed or Thurs. evenings are open and weekend times are available.
      Helmets are required, but YOU MUST PROVIDE THEM. After over 20
      years of riding myself, I may have to bite the bullet and actually
      buy a helmet for me!:) If this sounds more convenient I would be more
      than happy to set something up here as well.

      Both have good sized covered arenas, multiple trainers and enough
      lesson horses to accomodate up to 6 or more people at a time. Groups
      can be arranged at both locations depending on what people would
      like. I will also be collecting information on places in Martinez
      and in central and southern Contra Costa County. Unless I get more
      than one person asking me to set up lessons in these areas
      specifically, I will just list what I find with the rest in a file
      that everyone can look at and make arrangements at their convenience.

      Please contact me at gizzell@... or 510-886-1526 (no calls aftr
      10:00PM please)to let me know which lesson location you are
      interested in.

      Elisabeth de Champagne
      Mists Equestrian Marshal