Equestrian Hands On 04/07/07 and Equestrian Practice 04/22/07

  • zinaida_the_horsegal
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 8:15 PM
      Hear Ye, Hear Ye
      ----------------------------------
      There will be an "Hands on Horse Handling" at Ed Levine Park this
      Saturday 04/07/07 at 9am to 11am for all that are interested in
      getting to know our four legged friends better.

      We will not be doing authorizations; this is not an official SCA
      equestrian practice. This opportunity for you and even your kids to
      come out and work with the horses.

      Learn how to communicate to the horse through the lead rope using
      modern horse handling techniques. This will help to build confidence
      and is the foundation for what we think is good horsemanship and
      riding.

      Use this time if you are interested in Authorization to get to work
      with horses in a 1:1 environment at a relaxed pace.

      If you have your own horse and want to learn more about "Willing
      Horsemanship" we welcome all and look forward to learning from you.

      If you are interested in learning to ride, please wear shoes with a
      heel and no heavy tread. Biker/Hiking boots are not recommended! We
      have loaner helmets. If you're bringing your kids, bring carrots!!!
      You will be required to sign a liability waiver. Bring something to
      drink.

      Our horses well-being comes first, so if you get to handle or ride
      the horses it is at the owners discretion.

      We will be doing a trail ride after, if you have a horse "Lets Ride!"

      We will try to do more of these as time permits.
      -----------------------------------
      Our Official SCA Equestrian Games Practice will be held at Graham
      Hill Showgrounds in Santa Cruz on the dates listed below from 12pm-
      4pm.
      Location is 1145 Graham Hill Road, Santa Cruz.
      04/22/07
      05/13/07
      08/12/07
      10/21/07

      With an Equestrian Tournament on 11/17/07 (camping available)

      At the practices we will be doing authorizations, horse handling,
      games, quintain, double quintain and some horse archery!! Come on
      down!!!
      We need helpers at the Santa Cruz Practice!!! We need people to share
      with non-sca folk the world of SCA with them. We need YOU!!! Last
      practice we had almost 30 non-sca folk show up with horses! If you
      can help in any way please email Zinaida! And let her know if you can
      make any of the dates listed above!! Support Equestrian! Rah-rah and
      all that good stuff.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 10:30 PM
        What time do you plan to start? Is this at the Ed Levin arena? Just
        checking...
        :-), Marguerite

      • zinaida_the_horsegal
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 8:44 AM